Old 07-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #1

Morryde Step Above steps

Thinking of installing this on my Microlite 25BDS. Anyone else tried it? Any snags?

jimswofford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:09 PM   #2
Jayhawker

We have the Morryde steps on our Surveyor. Did not install them, but looks like an easy install. Here is a PDF install link for youhttp://https://www.google.com/url?sa...fMQLb9LO87rQnx

Jayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:24 AM   #3

My husband just installed a set in our Wildcat a couple of weeks ago.....easy. We love them. They are going to be better for our Bassets too.
Pleasantsurroundings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I went with the Torklift GlowSteps as they can be deployed anywhere and in any size spot.

Installed them by myself with two screwdrivers and two socket wrenches in less than an hour.

I know several people that have the Morride's and complain that they always have to be brought down to enter the RV, plus in a tight spot they can't always be deployed to the ground.

Just some thoughts to ponder...

Here are my GlowSteps:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerGlowStep1Old-P3160576.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	871.4 KB
ID:	183824   Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerGlowStep2-P3160579.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	706.8 KB
ID:	183825   Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerGlowStep3-P3160582.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	674.2 KB
ID:	183826   Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerGlowStep6-P3160590.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	634.3 KB
ID:	183827   Click image for larger version

Name:	ProwlerGlowStep5-P3160596.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	961.1 KB
ID:	183828  

Just because someone has been "doing it for years with no problems" doesn't mean you should!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
I went with the Torklift GlowSteps as they can be deployed anywhere and in any size spot.

Installed them by myself with two screwdrivers and two socket wrenches in less than an hour.

I know several people that have the Morride's and complain that they always have to be brought down to enter the RV, plus in a tight spot they can't always be deployed to the ground.

Just some thoughts to ponder...

Here are my GlowSteps:
Our old steps had to be brought down too.....and we never park that close to anyone so there won't be that problem. I hope you enjoy your new steps.
Pleasantsurroundings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:23 AM   #6
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleasantsurroundings View Post
Our old steps had to be brought down too.....and we never park that close to anyone so there won't be that problem. I hope you enjoy your new steps.
Truck stops...rest areas...you never know!

Those steps flip down...not fold down.

Just because someone has been "doing it for years with no problems" doesn't mean you should!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #7

I THINK I have those type steps on my Wolf Pup.
They fold up into the door frame. They have adjustable bottom supports.
So far I've had two problems with them. Bottom line is the top hinge MUST be hanging are hard as they can against the threshold plate for the doors to close and open easily.
First problem. Parking in the yard, the trailer settled a bit into the ground and pushed the steps up against the door bottom. I knocked the pins out holding the bottom support adjusters to sag them to open the door and readjust the bottom supports. Now I always park on lengths of 2x8 to stop that sinking feeling.
Second problem, just this weekend. Leveled my TT side to side at a new to me campground. Disconnected the TT. Leveled the TT fore to aft. Every thing cool, right? Nope! When I opened the door and lowered the steps, they would not go down far enough to close the doors. Apparently a non visible rise on the side of the site. Could not jam the stair's bottom supports in far enough. I ended up hooking the TT back up to the TV, tried two layers of the "logo" levelers, no good. Rather than using three, went straight to four levels, then the steps worked fine. Good thing I had two sets of leveler. I ended up using all of my wood blocking under my stabilizers as I try not to extend them much over square for better mechanical stability of the jacks themselves.
I will say that I love the stairs stability. If/when I flip the axle to under the springs, the above problems should nor reoccur.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #8

Morryde does make a set of quick connect steps. We ran into the 'close neighbor in the storage lot' issue. Then I started to wonder what we would do if we were in the lot and had an issue with our leveling system that requires us to go into the 5th wheel to reset it on the touchpad........

We like our steps that have the gas strut assist, but it may be worth considering the quick connect version.

Jim