Originally Posted by crushor
Strange as this may sound (especially coming from the male population) if a chigger gets you, use clear nail polish to cover it. It takes care of the issue. My mother taught me this when I was a kid. Also, we have used "after bite" for skeeter bites. It takes the itching away.
Ah hah! Someone's Mom a very smart lady.
The clear polish also kills ringworms. DH keeps after bite in his bathroom and we both use it often. I contains ammonia yanno.
DH is a skeeter magnet. I seldom get bitten by skeeters. It's chiggers that love me.
DH brought this home the other day:
Sawyer Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent Trigger Spray : Amazon.com : Sports & Outdoors
Haven't used it yet. I stand by Avon Skin So Soft though. Tried and true with my sons when they were little.
Yes, you can actually allergic to skeeter bites. Oldest son was, and when he'd get bitten it was like a horrible spider bite. HUGE red pone popped up as big as a tennis ball.
I also gave him garlic tablets. It works.
If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS
, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013
Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014