Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #21

I use a product called Fantastisk Orange Action Commercial Line. I find it at Home Depot. I wet the awning, spray on the orange, roll it up for about 5 or 10 minutes, open up and brush it down with an extended handle soft auto brush. Then rinse off. Done. I also use this product to remove the black streaks and other grunge that you pick up on the road. Just another solution to add to the list.

Dick
dichayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue911 View Post
Magic Eraser. Works incredibly well on ANY type of textured surface. They are amazing.
I used the magic eraser tonight and it really was magic. All the spots gone on the awning plus every other thing I took after it with. I'm sad it took me so long to discover this gem. I hope whoever invented this is retired sitting on a beach next to the guy who invented those drink umbrellas.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhanson View Post
I used the magic eraser tonight and it really was magic. All the spots gone on the awning plus every other thing I took after it with. I'm sad it took me so long to discover this gem. I hope whoever invented this is retired sitting on a beach next to the guy who invented those drink umbrellas.
I used it today myself cut the bugs right off the front and really worked on the few black streaks also. What a good product.
1970 Restored Cushman Trackster
Olratlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #24

I used tilex this week on my awning with terrific results!...It worked so well in fact I used it on the rest of my aluminum siding and it did a great job there also!
Thanks for the tip.....

2017 Rockwood Ultra Lite Signature 8289WS
2005 F-250 Super Duty diesel
Pourme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #25

Haven't tried it yet, but there are products available for patio furniture, etc.. that you spray on and designed to prevent mold and mildew from growing. You can get this in Home Depot were all the cleaners are located.

Tags
awning