Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #1

New RV Pad & Cover

I'm finally getting it all together to build a driveway and cover for the trailer.
I purchased a little under ¾ acre (75' x 430') next to me several years ago so I have plenty of room.
The driveway and pad will be gravel. I will outline the pad with railway ties (already purchased). The pad will be approx 32' x 42'. The driveway will be 90' long and 15' wide and I am going to have a 30' culvert put in so I can make wide turns backing in and pulling out.
I am having metal covers built on site. I would build them myself, but my back just won't let me do that type of work anymore. The LaCrosse cover will be 18' wide x 41' long and 14' tall (opening). I will have another cover next to it that I will put the pup in, 12' wide x 21' long and 8' tall.
I will add sides and ends to the covers whenever I can. First things first, right?
I will have electric ran to the pad. I'm thinking placing a box with a 100 amp breaker at the house and then have a 50 amp, 30 amp and 20 amp breakers and plug ins at the pad.
So before I get in the middle of everything, does anyone have any suggestions or tips? Any help at all will be appreciated.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote