Old 05-27-2010, 10:07 PM   #11
Yeah, I guess they build their products in the hope that the folks that purcase them won't stick their heads into all the dark corners and see the shoddy workmanship kind of like we have.

Tow Vehicle: '92 F350, Crew Cab, 4X4, Cummins 5.9 24 Valve, 6spd.Driver:Clint, Navigator:Melanie, Entertainment: 3 Boys (24,22,20) and now girlfriends too, 1 dog (Great Pyrenees/Akbash cross). Mission Statement: Just another adventure! Towed vehicle:2009 Roo 19 with lots of mods!
cmcct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #12
I bought our SS3100 in March. We have major water leaks, the bunk in the nose cone was all wet and now smells. Our dealer is 100 miles away and is not even a dealer for FR anymore. I left a voice mail message last Friday, today is Wednesday and still no answer. Fortunately, we found a dealer in town who is tackling the leaks but he has no response from FR yet on approval to repair the wet wood. It is very frustrating to purchase something new and have problems with it from day one.

niedobry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
My antenna cable doesn't even have the correct terminal to plug it into the Concert^&* unit. Just stripped the cable bare & stuck it into the unit's female socket. The local radio stations come in fine @ the dealer, so they had no way of knowing. Reception is lousy more than 20 miles out though (right now). I don't know if reception will be any better once we get the cable terminated properly.

I recall seeing an item in the news about 5 years ago about drug testing in a certain mfg's factories, giving a lot of positive results.

Reading the threads about shoddily built RVs you have to wonder if this isn't like the horror stories from the Big 3 back in the 70s & 80s? I guess FR figures if you don't like our product, you can go elsewhere.

My popup way as Jayco, but when I was looking @ a TT, I wasn't beholden to buy another Jayco. 1) There were some niggly problems w/ my trailer that I wasn't impressed w/. Once when I went to stow the hinged counter (holds stove & sink), the countertop became separated from the 4 sides. 2) They discontinued the floorplan I was interested in. 3) I was looking for a laminate clad unit (no aluminum siding) & they didn't have any in the size I wanted w/o slides. Only 1 or 2 of us traveling, so no need for the added complexity and/or cost.
2011 Chevrolet K2500HD w/ Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Husky W/D hitch
2009 Rockwood 2106 Mini-Lite
Nights camped 2010: 21
Nights camped 2011: 17
Nights camped 2012: 8
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #14
Well I have only had our unit for a week,so maybe down the line I'll be groaning,but I've owned 2 Carriage and 1 Montana products, and this new Rockwood is head and shoulders above the 3 units I owned in fit and finish. I've got a few issues,but overall am pleased with the way this one is put together.
Sagebrush & Special K
2011 Rockwood 8285WS
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Sagebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:42 AM   #15
Here is an e-mail that might be helpful. His title is "Warrenty Manager". He did respond to us. And solved our problems.

"Josh S. Tackett"

Lady Wendolyn

2003 21 ft Forrest River Shamrock

Manitoba Canada
ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote