Old 06-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #1
New TT Tomorrow

Hey all, I kind of procrastinated on this a bit. I am picking up a new Wildwood X-Lite FS 195BH tomorrow. The dealer is going to spend about an hour telling me "everything I need to know".

This is my first hard-side trailer (moving up from a pop-up), and I have a decent idea about the obvious questions to ask and things to look for. However, from you the experts, what are the "off the wall" things to ask and look for on a new trailer?

It's a pretty bare bones starter trailer, so there aren't a whole lot of bells and whistles, but I'm certain there are things I haven't thought of.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

MIANG E8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:33 PM   #2
Hello and Congratulations,

On the Punch list when you get the PDI

-Know water system, low point drain, pump, filter, fresh water tank, winterize process (important), hot water heater bypass
-Electrical system, connection, location of GFCI (ground fault outlets), converter and breakers
-Propane system, stove and oven lighting, fridge start up, hot water heater operation (make sure if electric equipped you know how to shut it off)
-Holding tanks, how to dump, flusher for black water, grey water
-Hitching up to the tow vehicle, weight distribution hitch if equipped, brake controller operation a setting. A test drive showing how to use the brake controller
-Jacks and levelling for proper fridge operation
-Awning operation
-Beds, dinnette, couch.

Take a roll of painters tape and mark any dings, loose items etc. Then go over the deficiencies with the trailer and have them addressed or a plan to do so.

Also buy the second year warranty from Forest River, a good investment.

B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
Congrats on your new Wildwood X-Lite FS 195BH. Make sure you spend plenty of time during your PDI. Since you are a newbie, the PDI should take you couple hours to complete. If you can, make a video for yourself of the PDI to watch after you get home. The information you get will be overwhelming. Do not take the kids if you have young ones.There is a PDI check list you can search for in the search box above, print it and take it with you,
Make sure to spend the extra few hundred bucks to get a quality hitch like a equalizer 4 point, you will thank me later.
Make sure you have the tech show you how to put the water heater in bypass mode and have him confirm it has been placed in summer mode.
You will forget many things your first trip out. I suggest you camp the first night in your driveway and make a list of things you forgot to stock for next time.
Take the trailer to a big empty parking lot and practice backing into a spot, it takes practice.
Others will chime in with tips, while you wait, read, read, read the forums.
Happy camping,
2011 Coachman Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4 SUPER DUTY 6.2L Gas 4WD SuperCab XL 3.73 rear / 158" WB / 8' bed. Factory anti-sway and brake controller
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:09 PM   #4
New to the site i have a 2014 Forest River 3051S Class C on the radio you go to menu it ask for a 4 number pass code and nobody seems to know, can anybody help me out there.
Jacrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:06 PM   #5
Ask him if it comes with a right angle elbow for the sewer line. If not buy one. Ask him if the outside hookup for the cable connects the campground cable to the inside TV or the roof antenna to the outside TV . Ask him what position to put the master switch in the disconnect the battery and when it's important to do this. Ask him in detail how to deactivate the carbon monoxide alarm if it goes off. Also ask how long the heater element will last if u activate it before filling the tank with water. :-)
Lon is offline   Reply With Quote