Old 05-10-2015, 05:58 PM   #11

Chinet plates and bowls, I do not tow the trailer around so I can do dishes every place I stop.
Quick rinse and recycled with the water bottles before we leave the GC.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:19 PM   #12

Thank you to all for the very helpful responses! Much appreciated

Old 05-24-2015, 12:44 PM   #13
KCM

Congratulations on your new ride! Most things will come from experience, unfortunately not all good. We stock unbreakable plates and cups, and put shelf liner in to slow the shifting. I added magnetic latches to keep the doors from opening going down the road and that helped a bunch. Hope this helps
Old 05-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #14

I used to have Melamine dishes & bowls in the motorhome but no longer. Over the years the paper plates & bowl quality has improved so much, I sold all the dishes & bowls at a yard sale. I watch for really good sales (BOGO) and stock up on these. Costco & Sam's both have great prices on the Solo cups for your soft drinks, etc. I do, however, have the regular mugs for coffee & hot chocolate - just can't drink hot beverages from styrofoam (ha) which hang from cup hangers screwed into the top of one of the cabinets. Most cooking is done outside so that means I only have to wash silverware. Small cafe (expandable) rods from Walmart keeps items from shifting in the cabinets and the refrigerator bars from Camping World means I don't worry when I open the fridge. I found small plastic bins that will fit into the medicine cabinet (again Walmart) which stops shifting there. These bins come in all sizes and work well under the sink to store your cleaning supplies, etc. they are pretty inexpensive. I did purchase an adjustible tray with compartments (Bed/Bath/Beyond) that holds all the cooking utensils and a standard molded silverware holder for the silverware. Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:36 PM   #15

So you basically use the plates etc and just throw them out adding to all the trash that the world produces ?
Old 05-25-2015, 02:57 PM   #16

Smile Ummmmmm.....recycle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeather1 View Post
So you basically use the plates etc and just throw them out adding to all the trash that the world produces ?
No, sweetie....the paper plates/bowls go into a recycle bag and are placed in the proper recycle bins in the campgrounds. Same for our "garbage" - it goes into a different bag and is placed in the appropriate bin as well.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:31 PM   #17

I keep some things in bins. On a blog I saw that a full timing couple put a bead of silicone on the bottom of the pottery ring on the bottom of plates, bowls, and cups to keep them from shifting. I use Correlle and plan to put the soft shelf liner between them. We are still getting things figured out. My husband is going to build shelves so we can organize.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:31 PM   #18

Thanks for the clarification Sloopie1 - I jumped to a wrong conclusion- not many are as good as you- my apologies to you dear

Tags