Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyttowner View Post
the first time we used our tt it was dark when we arrived at the camp site. Wife was no help cause she says she don't know how to give directions. Thank goodness that my fellow campers saw what was happening and helped guide me in!! Campers are a different breed and will help others out and not think twice about!!
copy that !!!
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
I carry these several LED lights. They can fit in your pocket. They also have a magnet so you can stick them on your bumper for backing up at night. They are pretty bright and have a flood light mode and a pin point beam. They also have a hook so you can hang it if you need to. I regularly use a these at work. I no longer carry a standard flashlight. They're cheap and last. I got mine at Lowes.
Attachment 43905
X2 and $2.99 each at Harbor Freight
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #43

great idea!
laurarice26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #44

I got one of these, and just love it. Cheap, WIDE dispersion, light, rechargeable. So far been reliable.

Defiant 12 LED Spotlight-800-2701-D at The Home Depot
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
Thanks for the tip as we do plan on doing some parking at night on our trip to Alaska next summer:
That's the land of the midnight sun - you can be as late as you like docking, no worries.

2005 Ford F150 5.4
2011 Salem 21FBS
greenliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #46

We find an empty pull thru and squat til daylight.
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj3spots View Post
We find an empty pull thru and squat til daylight.
BORING!!!

My wife and I bond very much so when we are trying to back up in the dark...

She likes to disappear into the darkness while I just back up and not listen to her...

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #48
Always Learning

We arrived this past Friday night in the dark at about 9:00. Turns out we forgot both our battery powered lantern, our propane lantern AND my good flashlight. In our haste, we couldn't remember where the other flashlights were. So, we tried backing things up in the dark. I made it onto the site but was horribly crooked.

I then remembered that we had some cheap $1 headlamps for kids from Walmart, a cheap LED motion light and 2 collapsible traffic codes w/ reflective strips on them (we use them mostly when the camper is parked on the road at home and we have the steps into/out on the street side).

I took the cheap LED motion light and set it up to just shine into the general area. Pretty dim, but it gave some light.

I then took the traffic cones and put them in line with it where we wanted that side of the camper to line up. I laid a headlamp or two on the ground shining at the orange cone so that it would reflect off of it.

In the end, it gave me a decent target for what I was aiming for. My first attempt before the lights was so bad, that I pulled out of the site entirely, did a loop around the circle and re-lined up. It was a "night and day" difference (pun intended ) of having something visible to target. Still took 2 tries, but hey- what can you do?
Old 04-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We arrived this past Friday night in the dark at about 9:00. Turns out we forgot both our battery powered lantern, our propane lantern AND my good flashlight. In our haste, we couldn't remember where the other flashlights were. So, we tried backing things up in the dark. I made it onto the site but was horribly crooked.

I then remembered that we had some cheap $1 headlamps for kids from Walmart, a cheap LED motion light and 2 collapsible traffic codes w/ reflective strips on them (we use them mostly when the camper is parked on the road at home and we have the steps into/out on the street side).

I took the cheap LED motion light and set it up to just shine into the general area. Pretty dim, but it gave some light.

I then took the traffic cones and put them in line with it where we wanted that side of the camper to line up. I laid a headlamp or two on the ground shining at the orange cone so that it would reflect off of it.

In the end, it gave me a decent target for what I was aiming for. My first attempt before the lights was so bad, that I pulled out of the site entirely, did a loop around the circle and re-lined up. It was a "night and day" difference (pun intended ) of having something visible to target. Still took 2 tries, but hey- what can you do?
Do you have outside scare lights on your trailer? They can be very helpful when backing into a site at night.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #50

I installed a pair of KC lights on the back of my rig for the night time arrivals as well as night time games!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0687[1].jpg
Views:	140
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	49899  

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:37 PM   #51

That's what I did. I have mine wired into the backup wire from the pigtail and angled out slightly by about 30 degrees. Works pretty well.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #52
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Do you have outside scare lights on your trailer? They can be very helpful when backing into a site at night.
Believe it or not, it wasn't until the next morning did I have one of those "Oh yeah, I bet they would have helped" moments. Yes, I have them. No, I didn't use them. I like to believe I will next time....
Old 05-14-2014, 12:57 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
That's a great idea. I would not have thought of using my scare lights for backing in the dark.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #54

Another project! Looks good Grizzly! And the rope lights would work for us! And, I actually use a. 6' length of yellow garden hose in the daylight to give me a target for the tandems. The pads and ground blend in my eyes , but I can hit that hose every time !

Nights camped in 2016:03😄
D-maxx dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer