Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #61

I just had my residential septic tank pumped. We only use Scott 1000 at our house because it is cheaper per week than some of the fluffy stuff that only has 200 sheets per roll. You are really paying for air. The guy that pumps our tank is happy that all people don't have tanks like ours because he would not make any money on emergency pump-outs. We use the same TP in our TT and when dumping all we see is shreds and flakes of paper.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:40 PM   #62
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteEagle View Post
Yes, get those Sears catalogs while you still can! Sears is closing another 150+ stores.....
Sears is filing bankruptcy and closing all stores. The CEO decided to enter other ventures and pad his pockets with the money instead of keeping the stores updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RverAnn45 View Post
TP in a small covered wastecan works fine. Less opportunity for paper residue on the sensors. I empty and replace the bag daily. Never an odor.
Why would you empty the bag if you replace it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
But that's because the cats aren't flushing their toilet paper!
There are some people who have trained their cats to use the toilet. One family trained their cat to flush the toilet when it was finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarabooBob View Post
I just had my residential septic tank pumped. We only use Scott 1000 at our house because it is cheaper per week than some of the fluffy stuff that only has 200 sheets per roll. You are really paying for air. The guy that pumps our tank is happy that all people don't have tanks like ours because he would not make any money on emergency pump-outs. We use the same TP in our TT and when dumping all we see is shreds and flakes of paper.
That is a state-wide regulation in Wisconsin. People with private septic systems need to have them pumped out every 3 years. State lawmakers thought the honey wagon operators didn't have enough work. The thing is the stuff they pump out is sprayed on or injected into the neighboring farm fields. I don't know if they are restricted from emptying the trucks on vegetable fields but they can empty it on corn, wheat and hay fields. The farmers then feed the crops to cattle, hogs, chickens, etc. Then, we as consumers get to eat those animals.
I always thought chickens and hogs were filthy anyway. They eat their own and other animals poop.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 10-21-2018, 06:47 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Sears is filing bankruptcy and closing all stores. The CEO decided to enter other ventures and pad his pockets with the money instead of keeping the stores updated.

Why would you empty the bag if you replace it?

There are some people who have trained their cats to use the toilet. One family trained their cat to flush the toilet when it was finished.

That is a state-wide regulation in Wisconsin. People with private septic systems need to have them pumped out every 3 years. State lawmakers thought the honey wagon operators didn't have enough work. The thing is the stuff they pump out is sprayed on or injected into the neighboring farm fields. I don't know if they are restricted from emptying the trucks on vegetable fields but they can empty it on corn, wheat and hay fields. The farmers then feed the crops to cattle, hogs, chickens, etc. Then, we as consumers get to eat those animals.
I always thought chickens and hogs were filthy anyway. They eat their own and other animals poop.
This is one of those posts that has so much wrong about it that it's not worth trying to address.

Better to just shake your head and go on.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 10-21-2018, 07:55 PM   #64
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
This is one of those posts that has so much wrong about it that it's not worth trying to correct. Better to just shake your head and go on.

There is nothing false about my post. Just go on and shake your head, it won't bother me a bit.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 10-22-2018, 05:40 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984fireball View Post
Oh yes I agree. Bought some a couple days ago at wal-mart. And if it is still made you can buy on line.
The Walmart in Palm Springs, FL, on 10th Ave. has a real nice RV section. It carries the 4 PK of Scott TP for $2.97. But there has been alot of this discussion on the Forum lately and people say Angel Soft is OK, I bought some but have not had to use it yet.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:52 AM   #66

I admit I'm one of those who is drinking the RV TP Kool-Aid.

I have seen in the past others post about using Costco Kirkland brand in their RV. For those that use it- does it work fine and break down well?

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Old 10-22-2018, 06:56 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyon View Post

I have seen in the past others post about using Costco Kirkland brand in their RV. For those that use it- does it work fine and break down well?
That’s all we have ever used and we have never had a problem. Whether it breaks down or not, I don’t know and I don’t care. All I know and care about is it doesn’t ever cause any problems.

Bruce
Old 10-22-2018, 07:01 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyon View Post

That’s what I’ve always used, TT and home. No problems...
Old 10-22-2018, 07:32 AM   #69
Site Team

It boggles the mind that you are arguing about TOILET PAPER!
There must not have been anything good on the tele yesterday....

It's one thing to give your opinion and something totally different when you come back again and again to argue your point.
It's not your job to convince others to agree with your point of view.

Thread closed.
Happy Monday!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
Closed Thread