Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 11:37 AM   #1

No more Scott extra soft toilet paper available

It seams like the Scott extra soft toilet paper is no more available. No more at Walmart, Target or Staples. Do somebody know where I can find some in Myrtle Beach (Huntington Beach State Park area) or on the road between Myrtle Beach and Anastasia State Park, FL? Or do you know if the Scott 1000 Septic safe toilet paper is a good replacement?
Old 10-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #2

Is Walmart no longer carrying it or is Scott no longer making it? Either way, this is a tragedy. We have tried other rv tank safe papers but the Scott extra soft is by far the best for the tush.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:01 PM   #3

For years, we have used the same Charmin tp that we use in the house, in the RV. Really doesn't make any difference.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 10-20-2018, 12:02 PM   #4
D W

In our Walmarts where the SCOTT Extra Soft used to be is now full of the SCOTT Extra Comfort. I have a feeling this is a Kimberly-Clark (MFGR) thing, rather than a Walmart deal.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
Old 10-20-2018, 12:18 PM   #5
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
For years, we have used the same Charmin tp that we use in the house, in the RV. Really doesn't make any difference.
You may not have any issues with it...

But whatever septic system you are putting it into probably is.

Of course, you are gone so you wouldn't know if they are having issues!
Old 10-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
You may not have any issues with it...

But whatever septic system you are putting it into probably is.

Of course, you are gone so you wouldn't know if they are having issues!
We have had this argument before, and you are still wrong. Look up any brand of modern TP, and they will all say they are septic system safe. We use Charmin in the farms many septic tanks, no problems. Sorry if that doesn't fit your argument for using only expensive RV TP that makes absolutely no difference in holding tanks or RV park septic systems.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:39 PM   #7

tush

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith364 View Post
Is Walmart no longer carrying it or is Scott no longer making it? Either way, this is a tragedy. We have tried other rv tank safe papers but the Scott extra soft is by far the best for the tush.
Oh yes I agree. Bought some a couple days ago at wal-mart. And if it is still made you can buy on line.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:40 PM   #8

In 45 years of owning RVs I have never used any kind of special toilet paper. Normal household toilet paper of any brand breaks down just fine. Of course don't forget the special chemical scam. I have never used any of that stuff either. Both are designed to separate fools from their money.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:48 PM   #9

Charmin Ultra works the same. I did my on test and found it actually works better than the So called RV paper.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:51 PM   #10

Toilet paper

I know I will get some "euwwwww" remarks about this. We haven't put any toilet paper down the tank in 15 years. Keep a small covered trash can next to the toilet (with liner!!) and put it in there. No odor and you can use any paper you like, even a Sears catalog!
Old 10-20-2018, 12:51 PM   #11
Ree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpercb View Post
In 45 years of owning RVs I have never used any kind of special toilet paper. Normal household toilet paper of any brand breaks down just fine. Of course don't forget the special chemical scam. I have never used any of that stuff either. Both are designed to separate fools from their money.
We use regular tp also. However, what do you use to control the odor. We are in the South with hot weather and without the chemicals, Thedford, we smell REALLY bad.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #12

We find that Angel Soft works great and has been tested against "RV" tp and found to be even better than that expensive specialty stuff. Good news: always available at Walmart.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #13

We also have had septic systems for MANY years. Used any of the nice TP without any problems, same with in our motorhome and travel trailer. Now we use the Kirkland paper from Costco (very nice paper) For just wet, we throw paper in garbage and take out daily. For big jobs, flush away. Never any problems. Never have we seen a campground with any info that special paper is to be used, and we travel at least 90 days a year, all over the US.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:49 PM   #14

Quote:
We have had this argument before, and you are still wrong. Look up any brand of modern TP, and they will all say they are septic system safe. We use Charmin in the farms many septic tanks, no problems. Sorry if that doesn't fit your argument for using only expensive RV TP that makes absolutely no difference in holding tanks or RV park septic systems.

Agreed.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:58 PM   #15

Plenty of it on EBay. But I’ve always just used single ply what ever is cheapest, plenty of water. Easy Peasy.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogsandhogs View Post
We also have had septic systems for MANY years. Used any of the nice TP without any problems, same with in our motorhome and travel trailer. Now we use the Kirkland paper from Costco (very nice paper) For just wet, we throw paper in garbage and take out daily. For big jobs, flush away. Never any problems. Never have we seen a campground with any info that special paper is to be used, and we travel at least 90 days a year, all over the US.
Agreed, but I have seen a campground dump station posted to refuse dumping to anyone who uses holding tank chemical. I wondered - how do they know and how do they police it? I waited a while at the station and then used it - no choice. Tanks were full and no dump facilities where I was going.

Oh yes, they didn't warn when you arrive, just to give you a chance to comply.

Cheers

Old 10-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #17

Any tp will work. What hurts the campgrounds are people putting wet wipes and paper towels down the toilet. Most campgrounds have a macerater and they get clogged up and have to be disassembled to be cleaned. A time consuming and dirty job.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:17 PM   #18

Quote:
I don't use the expensive RV TP...

I've been using Scott from Walmart for years...both in the house and in the RV.

The extra soft I believe is the new version of the old stuff (new and improved?).

And using your own home septic system is a little bit different than an RV park where you can have anywhere from 5 to 300+ RV's running into their septic.

Put that much Charmin in there and guess what you get?

Nuff said!
Old 10-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtesta1 View Post
Any tp will work. What hurts the campgrounds are people putting wet wipes and paper towels down the toilet. Most campgrounds have a macerater and they get clogged up and have to be disassembled to be cleaned. A time consuming and dirty job.
And three-ply cushy toilet paper that turns into wash rags when soaked...
Old 10-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
I don't use the expensive RV TP...

I've been using Scott from Walmart for years...both in the house and in the RV.

The extra soft I believe is the new version of the old stuff (new and improved?).

And using your own home septic system is a little bit different than an RV park where you can have anywhere from 5 to 300+ RV's running into their septic.

Put that much Charmin in there and guess what you get?

Nuff said!
Only in your mind John, only in your mind Our friends who own/manage a very busy RV park in Ruidoso, NM never have problems with their septic. No rules there on chemicals or TP.

But, continue on your quest to protect septic systems of all kinds from abuse by evil TP. Everybody needs a cause. Oh, and you forgot to remind us to always keep our gray valves closed
Closed Thread