Old 01-10-2016, 12:41 PM   #21

I have a "W" and the outdoor speaker switch is the unmarked on / off switch on the side of the cabinet above the sink. Open the house door and look up and left and you should see it mounted there all by itself....

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:46 PM   #22

I will try to explain where ours is at. I have a 2400w. Step in on steps, turn left to face back of unit. Look straight up on side of upper kitchen cabinets, the end part. There is a weird black switch rocker looking thing. Says nothing on it or near it. Flip it the opposite way than it is now. That is the outdoor speaker switch. Drives me nuts. If u need me to go take a photo I can

Old 01-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
I have a "W" and the outdoor speaker switch is the unmarked on / off switch on the side of the cabinet above the sink. Open the house door and look up and left and you should see it mounted there all by itself....
Hilarious. I know the Jensen has at least a front and rear channel with a left and right on each. So how do you switch a left and right speaker both on or off with a single switch? One way is you wire both the right channel front into both interior speakers and the front left channel through the single switch, then to both exterior speakers. Works great but is 100% wrong

That's exactly what they did too, as the OP's comment about the exterior speakers going almost off if balance is biased fully to one side supports it.

So you have half of your music coming out of the inside speakers, and half comes out the outside speakers? They wire the travel trailers all wrong also. Maybe they should stick to building RV's and let a qualified audio guy wire up the sound systems? But hey they can't even build an RV all that great either
Old 01-10-2016, 01:09 PM   #24

Jensen sterio

On my Jensen there are 3 buttons on the front A B C push C and the outside speakers are off.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I went ahead and sent a PM to JENSENRVDirect with a link to this thread, so hopefully he will chime in sometime soon.

Bruce
Thank you.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:19 PM   #26

I have attached the FR Exterior Speaker Wiring Diagram for anyone who needs it. It looks like its wired correctly to me, but I don't claim to be an audio expert....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Exterior Wall Speaker Diagrams 1.pdf (1.49 MB, 105 views)

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Genius! We stupidly thought that was the switch for the porch light. We never use it so never tried it. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! All is well. No more sharing with uninterested parties.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfritts View Post
I will try to explain where ours is at. I have a 2400w. Step in on steps, turn left to face back of unit. Look straight up on side of upper kitchen cabinets, the end part. There is a weird black switch rocker looking thing. Says nothing on it or near it. Flip it the opposite way than it is now. That is the outdoor speaker switch. Drives me nuts. If u need me to go take a photo I can
Got it!!! Thank you.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #29

Quote:
I have attached the FR Exterior Speaker Wiring Diagram for anyone who needs it. It looks like its wired correctly to me, but I don't claim to be an audio expert....
Awesome! I'll share this with hubby who has an understanding of such things. Thank you!
Old 01-10-2016, 01:35 PM   #30

Thank you everyone! This is my first experience using Forest River Forums. Very helpful! I'm sure I will return with more questions as we learn more about our Sunseeker. And maybe someday down the road, I can share something helpful. ��

Tags
door