Old 02-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #31
I live on a farm and have used fresh cab for years in tractor, truck and combine cabs. Use it in the camper all the time. Has seemed to work. Havent had a mouse problem but I also have a bunch of mouse poison bait stations set up around in the buildings where no other pets can get in.

ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #32
Scares them away vs baits them in.

2009 Heartland Sundance 31.5 XLT bunkhouse
2013 Ford F150 XTR ECOBOOST

"Of the troops - For the troops "
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #33
Wanna Be Camper
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
UMMMMMM glue strips. Nibble nibble to try and get out of the trap only to get re-stuck. And then still die and decay. Not to mention the critters that jump off the critters when the host starts to decay.
You drove 10 hours to check and see if strips were tagged by mice and to see if the oil was working?

Sounds like you have a mice problem if you had to dedicate that much financial investment and time (which equals actual travel time + gas + meals + wear and tear + displaced things you should have or could staying home not worrying about checking on progress of home made remedies which obviously didn't work the first time used.)

Fresh Cab. Smells better and you won't have body parts and mice crap in areas where the oil or strips are not.
37 $ and change delivered every 3 months for 12 bags. 3 in your trailer for 3 moths and close the door. My unit is in my driveway and I've gone in 2 times since the snow flew.
Once to drop the in the small packets and once to put the Christmas items we got each other each for next summers misadventures. Door closed.
I put 4 in my house (older home) where the cat was getting mice every week last winter - since then we've not seen or caught one mouse since. Caught 5 mice in traps in my garage in 2 weeks (no fresh cab inside becasue I sold the remaining packets for 5$ each which covered part of my initial cost).

We just picked up our second recurring shipment of 12 packets last weekend - already have 5 sold out of that 12 and swapped out the ones in my house and trailer.
Superchief - save yourself the trip, the guess work, teh disgusting parts pickup and the pain of knowing your investment is packed with mice where your family (kids?) is going to sleep, cook and eat. Spend 120 a year on 48 packets and sell what you don't use to buddy campers who want protection that actually works.

And no I don't work for the company - the company works for me!
We used them in our last trailer and they didn't do anything other than make it smell nice. We even found dead mice in that trailer. Just remember you are not controlling a pest problem, you are just trying to send them somewhere else. We use Koender bait stations and bait that our RM gives us for free as we have a 16 1/2 acre acerage. WHen you keep mice out of one building they will find their way into another. Since we started our war on rodents we see none in our house, quonset, garage, trailers or any equipment we have. The amount of poison the rodents eat does not make them dangerous to cats etc either.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2013: 16 2014: 5 2015: 3
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #34
checked the trailer today and so far no signs of mice. I still smelled the peppermint oil, but decided replace the cotton balls and peppermint oil with new. boy was it cold in there!!

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #35
Get can of spray foam and carefully seal every opening under camper, they won't eat spray foam. Bounce fabric works best on our park model in the country. Good luck it is a hard problem.
Newellri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #36
Update: added some more peppermint oil yesterday since the cotton balls dried up. Along with the bounce dryer sheets, so far so good. One it warms up, the spray foam idea is a must.
2016 Forester 3171DS Class C Motorhome
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport - Toad
1993 Mustang 5.0 Notch 5-speed
Chewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus
The peppermint oil-soaked cotton balls have been working well for me this winter, too. I checked this weekend and no signs of mice that I can see. I've got the trailer outside in a field next to our house.

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote