Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Portable ice maker cleaning solution

For those of you who have portable ice makers have you ever had to try and clean it if so what methods did you use.

I have a like new ice maker that a friend used twice and I don't think it needs cleaned but do they need periodic maintenance?

Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
iluvlcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 354
Wash the inside soap and water, rinse add vinegar solution 1part water 10 parts vinegar let run a few loads drain rinse and your good to go but dump the first 2 or 3 runs so you don't have vinegar ice.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
Pam & Don
2003 Ford Expedition EB
2011 Rockwood 2304s

108 days camped 2013
74 days camped 2014 so far
iluvlcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Thank you!

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
For those of you who have portable ice makers have you ever had to try and clean it if so what methods did you use.

I have a like new ice maker that a friend used twice and I don't think it needs cleaned but do they need periodic maintenance?

Turbs
We treat it the same as our (Coffee maker). We had to Bag (100# of Ice) while at the (Amana Rally) seems (Every AM) there was a (Homeless Guy) outside our door wanting ICE! He was So sad looking,we couldn't refuse Him Ring any Bells? Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:12 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
We treat it the same as our (Coffee maker). We had to Bag (100# of Ice) while at the (Amana Rally) seems (Every AM) there was a (Homeless Guy) outside our door wanting ICE! He was So sad looking,we couldn't refuse Him Ring any Bells? Youroo!!
Might help if I knew what he was drinking?

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:19 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Might help if I knew what he was drinking?

Turbs
It was hard to tell what (HE) was drinking,(He) had (Little Kings) in every pocket and would (Slur) something like (BVC)? Youroo!! Buck-Fidy!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:50 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
It was hard to tell what (HE) was drinking,(He) had (Little Kings) in every pocket and would (Slur) something like (BVC)? Youroo!! Buck-Fidy!
Ok I think i know of who you speak.....
He's a rib thief to!

Roger the buck fidy!

Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.