Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #1

Power Awning Retracting incorrectly

We have a Flagstaff 25FBS that is just about 2 years old and have had very little problems with it. However when we were out over the labor day weekend we noticed that when we retracted the awning the left side closed up tight to the support against the camper. But the right side did not close up as tight. Tried extending and retracting it a couple of times but the same thing happens. Only thing that we also noticed is when the left side closes all the way, there is kind of a bang as the nuts from the forward support arm lock into their slots on the support that is against the trailer. The nuts on the right arm do not lock into the slots that they are supposed too. What can be done about this? Is there something not lined up correctly? Is there something that should be adjusted? The awning has not been exposed to any high winds, or had any rain collect on it to cause the fabric to stretch as we always lower one side when it rains so that it can drain off without collecting. Thanks in advance.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #2

Typically, when an awning doesn't line up while being closed, its due to the awning fabric not being centered on the tube. If you can get it back centered, many people then put a large pop river thru three material into the tube to lock it in place
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Typically, when an awning doesn't line up while being closed, its due to the awning fabric not being centered on the tube. If you can get it back centered, many people then put a large pop river thru three material into the tube to lock it in place
Thanks I did some further research on line and found the same answer. Next time we have the camper out (Columbus day) I will have to take a look and see if I can get it squared back up. It is not far off, guessing about 1/4 inch or so.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #4

My awning moved on the tube also. My solution to this was to centre the awning on the tube, rolled it in to make sure both arms recessed properly then rolled it out again and marked the roller on each side of the awning with a permanent marker. Now when it is time to retract awning I look at the roller to make sure awning is centered and if so, retract it.
wingriders is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, power