Old 05-30-2015, 02:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenttotrailer View Post
I am considering purchasing one also. I was not sure in the past if it was just fancy marketing hype or scare tactic etc. I guess it is the same premise as I have one hooked to my home stereo. When we first got the TT we were at a KOA and when I plugged in shore power it kept tripping the circuit breaker. Not sure the issue, I ran an extension cord to the next site (xxxx yes it was empty xxxx) and the power issue was fine. So now looking at the forums discussions on this I guess there was an issue with the pedistial and I was lucky nothing blew up. We have RV dealers in the area and one each sells Progressive Industries, one the TRC brand and the third a CAMCO version. Each have fancy ads and websites but down to the nuts and bolts is one better than the other at the same model and price point or is it a preference like Ford vs GM vs Dodge?

Not looking for an arguement - looking for factual reasons why one tops the other or it is just a matter of having one!

Kevin
Progressive EMS units offer more than just surge protection. Well worth the money IMHO. Read the link posted earlier.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:06 PM   #12

OK Guys, Now I'm getting a little more confused. See what happens when you gain a LITTLE knowledge. No offense to people with other brands, but I am on Amazon looking at Progressive....They have a Progressive Industries SSP30 Smart Surge for $82.50, then they have Progressive Industries PT30C 30 Amp Portable Electrical Management System for $249.00. What do I really need? I'm more in to Techy stuff....Electrical is out of my league. Thanks again for your patience.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:18 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneeagle View Post
OK Guys, Now I'm getting a little more confused. See what happens when you gain a LITTLE knowledge. No offense to people with other brands, but I am on Amazon looking at Progressive....They have a Progressive Industries SSP30 Smart Surge for $82.50, then they have Progressive Industries PT30C 30 Amp Portable Electrical Management System for $249.00. What do I really need? I'm more in to Techy stuff....Electrical is out of my league. Thanks again for your patience.
Read the last line of Wiscampsin's post above to know my opinion.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 04:44 PM   #14

Surge protection only will not protect your equipment from low/ high voltage situations. Might protect if campground power is wired wrong but I'm not sure.

If you are trying not to fry your unit, get power management for the extra cash and you will never worry what if.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power