I don't know about right or safe???
The MSDS for that stuff indicates they do not know the freezing point.
Page three indicates: "melting/freezing point - Not available."
Not sure how they can make the claim -100 or -200 or the formation of 'ice crystals' if they don't know the freezing point?
They also go on to say...
"Symptoms/Injuries After Ingestion: Acute exposure of humans to ethylene glycol
by ingesting large quantities causes three stages of
health effects. CNS depression, including such symptoms as vomiting, drowsiness, coma, respiratory failure, convulsions, metabolic
changes, and gastrointestinal upset are followed by cardiopulmonary effects and later renal damage.
Pay close attention to the words I highlighted... Ethylene glycol.
This is automotive antifreeze and is poisonous.
They do state (prior to that statement) it is made from Propylene glycol.
My point is... there is a BUNCH of confusing stuff being 'stated' about this particular product so believe what you think appropriate.
They also say on their web site it is suitable for use in engines and has corrosion inhibitors added.
-110º or -200º protection or not... I'm not putting any of that product in my potable water plumbing.
is a link to the product. Click on the MSDS link and read for yourself.