Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
Before hand

When we returned from Goshen last year, kind of had a meeting of the mines, well sort of. Carrying three sets of dish's, two sets of silver ware and two sets of pots and pans, well she agreed to downsize, especially when she looked at the gas receipts from such a short trip. Now we only have one set of each, not china but Merrimack plates etc; Know we were probably carrying an extra thousand pounds in stuff we never used. Thanks for the tip, are you back home yet?



Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Might consider weighting it before the day you leave, you might find you want to re-consider what you're taking.
__________________

__________________
2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #72
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
We came back from FL grossly overloaded, 200+ lbs of alum tubing, 3 extra 30amp power cords. TOWTA has agreed to unload a bunch of stuff and has promised not to re-load it again. 4 closets of clothes for her plus 3 out of 4 drawers, button collection, who knows how many pr of shoes, etc. Under bed storage was completely packed. We will definitely go thru the camper and lighten the load of both hers and my stuff as soon as I get the poles finished and the weather warms up.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
Golf Cart

Did you bring the mini golf cart back with you? Oh yes, have you been following the corvette rescue at Bowling Green? Very interesting to watch, admire the guys going down in the hole!!! Got some marbles>>



Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We came back from FL grossly overloaded, 200+ lbs of alum tubing, 3 extra 30amp power cords. TOWTA has agreed to unload a bunch of stuff and has promised not to re-load it again. 4 closets of clothes for her plus 3 out of 4 drawers, button collection, who knows how many pr of shoes, etc. Under bed storage was completely packed. We will definitely go thru the camper and lighten the load of both hers and my stuff as soon as I get the poles finished and the weather warms up.
__________________
2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #74
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
Did you bring the mini golf cart back with you? Oh yes, have you been following the corvette rescue at Bowling Green? Very interesting to watch, admire the guys going down in the hole!!! Got some marbles>>
No mini golf cart thank goodness and haven't been following the Corvette rescue.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #75
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
When we purchased out new Crusader 270RET, it came with the optional 18" wheel and tire combination, standard size were the 16" Steel Wheels. The coach weighs in at 8870 Dry, have not weighed it wet, will do that on the morning we pull out to Canada/Alaska, for that will be the most loaded it has ever been. After 2500 miles the combination seems to be working fine.

Curious. Are the 18" LT tires? Can you provide the full tire size including Load Range?
Does your tire Placard show the tires you got on the RV? It is suppose to by regulation.
__________________
.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:03 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
Tire Placard Decal

Matter of fact, the factory did not switch the decal on the coach before it was shipped for the 18" Wheel Option. They sent us the correct decal as the tire pressure was only 65# on the smaller tire and wheel combination. I will get that information for you, all I can say is, sure is a comforting feeling having the larger wheel and tire combination on the Crusader 270RET.
kickster



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Curious. Are the 18" LT tires? Can you provide the full tire size including Load Range?
Does your tire Placard show the tires you got on the RV? It is suppose to by regulation.
__________________

__________________
2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tire, tires

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.