Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2016, 11:57 AM   #1

Ripped RV Cover?

I'm ready to buy a cover for my new 20-ft travel trailer. It will be stored outdoors on a cold, snowy and windy piece of property I own.

I've found a number of what appear to be quality covers that run between $150 and $200, but notice that in the owner reviews, many people complain about ripping their cover during installation and removal.

I've looked at my new trailer and the most likely place to snag and rip the cover would be the TV antenna.

Anyone have a trick for avoiding rips? I'm thinking a plastic tarp on the roof -- under the cover itself might work.

Thanks.
mrgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #2

I lay a piece of carpet under padding over top of the tv antenna and loosen then lay the radio one flat. Has worked for me
2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:49 PM   #3

I put my cover on last night, thought I would share a few other tips I do. I put tennis balls over the eaves extensions and I happen to have old soccer balls around that I also cut a hole in and slide over the bumper ends.
2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:18 AM   #4

We weren't smart enough to put tennis balls (or some have used cut up pool noodles) so our cover has a few holes. I figured that I can get a few more years out of it by using duct tape on the front and back of the holes. We'll see how it goes.
laurarice26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:13 AM   #5
Just as confused as you

I use tennis balls with a X cut in it over the gutter spouts, I don't put anything over the antennas. Used the same cover for the past four years, no tears or rips yet. I don't cover the bumper. I have it rolled up so I loop a rope around the part that goes over the rear and pull it up so it unrolls itself, fold out the cover and let the sides drop to the ground.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover