Old 03-29-2018, 05:56 AM   #1

Roadside Assistance

I need to put in my two cents.

I had good sam because it made sense since they covered our vehicles as well as the RV and my 17 year old DD. Only problem was that when we had to use it for my DD jeep three times in a 3 month period (all three tows were less than 3 miles) they canceled me, would not let me renew with them at all They said I cost more than the average for each year. I had them for over 3 years and never used them and then that one year I actually used them and they canceled me. I would rather spend the extra funds and get AAA. They have never canceled me for actually using it.

2004 Dodge Ram 1500

2 kids, 2 Grandsons, 1 Granddaughter, 3 fur babies
Lifetimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:52 AM   #2

I had something similar happen to me many years ago with Allstate Roadside Assistance. One year I used them three times and while they didn’t cancel me, they refused to let me renew with them.

It ticked me off at the time but there are other roadside plans available so I just went with a different company. It is a business and a business expects to make money so…

ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:59 PM   #3

Sometimes businesses are very short sited. If one has paid for three years, with no use for two, then uses it a few times, they still made money on the thousands of people who never ever use it, but pay year after year. Now they cancel a person who very well could have paid for another five, ten or who knows how many more years without needing to use the service. Their loss. But, what they fail to realize is the business of the ten or more people that might have done business with them, had they not heard of the bad experience of the customer they threw away. Pity. Their competitors are dancing though.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:11 AM   #4

Insurance companies pay people millions to do actuarial studies on cost/benefit analysis. They have it down to a science on how much it costs versus how much they make. No emotions involved, only measurable data.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #5

I have Triple A and have had them for years. I have myself,wife and son covered. My wife and I have the double tow (one for truck and one for TT) for 200 miles.

Never had a problem with them except the app stinks. I give the info off the app and click contact me through app and they still call . However like I said I am very happy with them
tyler811 is offline   Reply With Quote