Old 04-24-2017, 03:39 PM   #1

Rockwood to Forest River conversion number ?

Just joined the forum today and finding my way around. I posted a query over in the Rockwood sub-forum about the dry weight of a 2104.

I have another question so I posted it here on the Forest River side to see if anyone has a answer.

Is there a Forest River trailer that corresponds to a Rockwood 2104 ? The 2104 I am looking for is tandem, no slide, murphy bed and rear bath.

Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:09 PM   #2

try the Flagstaff 21DS. its the exact same trailer

Both Rockwood and Flagstaff are built on the same line

Old 04-24-2017, 04:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
try the Flagstaff 21DS. its the exact same trailer

Both Rockwood and Flagstaff are built on the same line

Thanks.

Just looked and the 21DS is a slide out trailer.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:25 PM   #4

The Rockwood 2304 has no slides, that is the same as the Micro Lite 23FB that I have.

2019 Ford F-250 Super Cab 6.2L Lariat
2016 ML23FB
MT Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:54 PM   #5
Site Team

Flagstaff is the twin brand to Rockwood.
check their website for their twin model to the 2104.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Biker View Post
The Rockwood 2304 has no slides, that is the same as the Micro Lite 23FB that I have.

Just had a look at both of them, yup no slides and both have the murphy bed option. Unfortunately the Rockwood 2304 weighs 3789 lbs and the Micro Lite 23FB weighs 3756 lbs.

While looking for a Rockwood 1905 single axle, no slide with a murphy bed and rear bath I ran across the Rockwood Mini Lite Model 2104 with the murphy bed. It is 3 feet longer and has dual axles.

Trying to figure out the dry weight of this trailer. Some sources say 3419 lbs and others say 2952 lbs. I think it will turn out to be the 3419 lbs.

I will be pulling the trailer with a 05’ quad cab Silverado, 5.3 litre with a tow package so I want to keep the dry weight as low as possible.

So as of right now I am looking for a tandem, no slide, murphy bed and rear bath and light as I can get.

I just went through the whole Forest River line-up and could not find a trailer that comes close to the weight of the Rockwood 2104. Still open to suggestions.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:59 PM   #7

You need to post the tow rating and the payload rating of your truck. While we won't know for sure until we see the ratings, you may be underestimating the capabilities of your truck.

Not all half tons are created equal but it sounds like you may have a tow rating much higher than the units you are looking at.

Anyway,the dry weights shown on brochures are averages of the weights of normally optioned units. If you go on the website of a dealer like WANA RV Or RV Wholesalers, you can compare the weights of actual produced units.

Don't forget to check the tongue weight of all the units. Your truck will probably run out of payload before the tow limit is reached.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
You need to post the tow rating and the payload rating of your truck. While we won't know for sure until we see the ratings, you may be underestimating the capabilities of your truck.

Not all half tons are created equal but it sounds like you may have a tow rating much higher than the units you are looking at.

Anyway,the dry weights shown on brochures are averages of the weights of normally optioned units. If you go on the website of a dealer like WANA RV Or RV Wholesalers, you can compare the weights of actual produced units.

Don't forget to check the tongue weight of all the units. Your truck will probably run out of payload before the tow limit is reached.

I do have a TV with a fairly high tow rating. I don't think you should max out your truck capacity that is why I am looking for a lighter unit and there is only two of us.

I have the TV that I have and it will handle the GVWR of the mentioned trailers. I have a 2005 Chev Silverado, 5.3L, tow/haul package, 4.10 rear end. Maximum trailer weight 8,300 lbs, GCWR 14,000 lbs.

My truck Weight Information
Curb Weight 5,164 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 7,000 lbs
Max Payload 1,836 lbs

I should be OK with the truck payload as it pertains to towing a trailer.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:24 PM   #9

I'm like you. I don't want to max out the truck. I try to go by the 80% rule. My Ram 1500 has a tow rating of 8600 lbs. 80% is just under 7000 lbs. I pull a Shamrock 23ikss hybrid , dry weight under 5000 lbs by the sticker on the camper. Even if I loaded 1000 lbs in it....which I don't.... I'm still way under my goal.

6000 lbs is an easy pull for my truck, and should be for yours also. Not trying to talk you into anything bigger...just don't want you to worry about a few hundred pounds.
2013 Ram 1500
Old 04-25-2017, 02:33 PM   #10

Quote:
I'm like you. I don't want to max out the truck. I try to go by the 80% rule. My Ram 1500 has a tow rating of 8600 lbs. 80% is just under 7000 lbs. I pull a Shamrock 23ikss hybrid , dry weight under 5000 lbs by the sticker on the camper. Even if I loaded 1000 lbs in it....which I don't.... I'm still way under my goal.

6000 lbs is an easy pull for my truck, and should be for yours also. Not trying to talk you into anything bigger...just don't want you to worry about a few hundred pounds.

Thanks for jumping in. What have you got in your Ram for a engine ?

Although my Silverado has enough weight carrying capacity for any of the mentioned trailers I do like to stay light. I live in the Alberta foothills and most of our trips are West into the Rockies. I like having enough power to keep up with the rest of the RV's.

If you live on the bald ***** prairies you can usually manage to pull almost any trailer with any half decent truck.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:40 PM   #11

It's the 5.7 hemi, and yes,I live in the flatlands of Indiana. Your tow is obviously much more difficult than mine. We have rolling hills, not mountains.
2013 Ram 1500
Old 04-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #12

Quote:
It's the 5.7 hemi, and yes,I live in the flatlands of Indiana. Your tow is obviously much more difficult than mine. We have rolling hills, not mountains.

5.7 hemi is a good engine.

You got a good forum here, and very busy.

Thanks.

Tags
forest river, rockwood