Old 05-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #51
Happy Camper
My opinion I am not too big on the running lights thing, and now it seems everyone is doing it in the camp ground. But, who am I to tell you what to do with your rig, I personally am taking a different route, hope to have it complete this weekend

2014 Ram 2500HD CCLB 4x4 6.7L Cummins
2012 Coachman Chaparral Open Trail 26RLS
2014 Days Camped: 10
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #52
My friends and I do the same thing with ours each evening, but when we retire for the night the lights go out. I actualy made a box with a female plug, fuse, flasher relay, three way switch but my buds just use a 20 amp fuse. In my opinion the lights look nice after dark and with the flasher relay you can make yourself easier to see in the case of an emergency while on the road.

glhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #53
may be a dead thread but, The wife and I usually found that we would get to the campground after dark and having extra light helped with getting everything hooked up instead of waving a flashlight around into the other camp sites. We had to disconnect the truck to get the fold out down. What i did was wire a relay inline to isolate the circuit from the truck. Then I had a switch in the storage compartment to turn them on. Also useful to check the lights out before I hitched up. It was wired so it would normalize to the pigtail and when I tossed the switch, it would activate the relay and switch to on board power that was properly fused.
kb9cfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #54
Site Team - Lou
Originally Posted by camper007 View Post
I just plug a 10amp fuse into the top two socket's of trailer plug (that goes to truck) and all running light's come on.
Yep; it is how I do it when we are expecting guests after dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1363.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	17447  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

led pad