Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #21
Tom

I bought the Northeast Harbor cover for my 32' TT off eBay for around 150.00. I have had on for close to a year and hope to get another year. For that price I will just get a new one after that.
Seachaser186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:53 AM   #22

I have an ADCO cover from Camping World Online. It seems to work well, no problems so far and i like the cinch system they use for securing it.
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #23

Which cover?

Thanks for the response - It helps!
jdhreiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #24

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
This could be an option for some ...

discovered these VORTEX covers, come about a third down the side. They are made of marine canvas and have an elastic. The sizes run real close, so if you have a 24 foot 1 inch then order the next click up at 26 feet, as we had to do.

Again, we are just happy customers, no vendor relationship beyond that.
Do a search on VORTEX CAMPER CAP ...
or http://www.vortexdirect.com/camper-cap.html

While we are in Minnesota, our parking spot is somewhat protected from wind ... we found the supplied straps worked just fine, but we probably would NOT have gone this route if we were parked in the prairie / flat land.

Picture is from Winter 2015 - 2016.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1987 CR.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	122785  

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:15 AM   #25
Failure is my business

I have a National Discount Covers Goldline 31-32 for our 832IKBS. It fits perfectly. And as my trailer parking spot is under a bunch of trees, it keeps the roof clean.

Travel Trailer Cover Fits 31' - 32' Length | Goldline RV Covers

That being said, I'm 45 and in pretty good physical shape, getting the cover on is not an easy job. It weighs about 60-70 lbs. I have to stand on the propane bottles and throw the thing up onto the roof. Then it's not too bad, but still quite strenuous.

I use it all the time though. If we're not going out with the trailer within a week, it's on.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:44 PM   #26

We purchased an Elements cover from Camping World, with a 3 year warranty for replacement for ANY reason within 3 years. It comes with the rain-gutter covers, however we use duct-tape as well as the gutter covers. It has baffles for the wind, zippers for access to the door, 8 easy to use straps for fastening underneath, as well as 4 straps for the front & rear. We are very happy with the cover so far. Seems very strong and well made. We use a ladder to get on the roof, and as described, unroll the cover from front-to-back, then drop the sides down and secure the rest from the ground. Not too difficult considering our unit is only 17'. I will take this cover back in a couple of years for the new one while still under the 3 year warranty. Beats building a garage for protection from the elements. Ours is parked on our property away from trees and partially protected from the wind by our garage. Hope this helps. See pic below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161119_153003524_HDR.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	126244  
Old 01-07-2017, 09:30 AM   #27

Has anyone tried putting pool noodles under the windward side of the RV cover to prevent the cover from slapping against he side of the RV in high winds and marring the finish? Or do the noodles leave marks also?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, winter