Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2019, 12:21 PM   #1

RV covers-Adco vs Camco

Does anyone have any experience with either Adco or Camco RV covers? Adco seems a little less expensive but buying direct from the manufacturer they offer a one time free replacement.
Arndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:37 PM   #2

I use the ADCO. Get about 3-4 years out of one. My new one from last fall took quite a beating of the winter, but I should get one more season out of it if we keep the trailer. Never tried the CAMCO.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:06 PM   #3

Same life for me with the Adco Class C cover about 4 years. They have made some changes on the last one I bought. Just be sure to buffer all sharp corners. I use plastic coffee cans on ends of bumpers and I strapped together pairs of plastic wiffle balls with hole drilled in them to go over gutter extensions. Might get 5 years out of this one.
Topwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:08 PM   #4

to cover or not

So, our Class C is 31.5 ft. We live in Florida where my main concern is two fold - sun beating on the top and if it is completely covered moisture or mildew. It seems lot a large endeavor to cover completely. I see they have ones that just cover the top. We did pay extra when we bought it to have the outside coated which has a 5 year guarantee from fading, etc. or they will redo. Any advice?
Old 04-21-2019, 01:55 PM   #5

Not that hard to put the cover on so long as you can get up on the roof and be safe.

What I do is stretch the cover out on the ground behind the TT, attach a rope to the front of the cover, climb up on the roof holding the rope, then drag the cover up on the roof. Once you have it up on the roof then it is easy enough to drop it over the sides and front, climb down and fasten the strap. 15 to 20 minutes tops.
2004 Silverado 2500HD diesel
transmission_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:38 PM   #6
Can you run 3800 fps?

I have an ADCO cover I used for the first time this past winter. I grew in confidence about the product before my purchase, because of the online You Tube video's they put up on how to properly install it on a TT. Made the job easier and correct installation kept the harsh winds from tearing up the cover.

Adco is a classy product and I recommend them highly. Good luck with your decision.
SniperDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:47 PM   #7

We tried a few brands and styles of covers and finally gave up. None of them lasted more than two seasons in the southwest sun. In a colder, less sunny climate, they appear to work better. No more covers for us.
And I don't care what you say, putting them on, maintaining tightness, accessing RV when covered, and taking them off is a a major pita. I'd rather just wax the unit more often.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:46 AM   #8

I have used ADCO covers on my PUP. The first one lasted just over two years, just out of warranty, and then the sides just crumbled apart. The next one lasted 11 months and the same thing happened. ADCO did replace the last one (but only a one time replacement warranty). Would like to find one that lasts longer but seems they are all about the same.
cabranch47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #9

I have a Camco. I’ve had it a year and it seems to wear well. In the box are little socks that you place over the rain gutters. I also covered other sharp and pokey things with gaffer tape.

Putting one on can be a major pain. Don’t even try it unless there is zero wind. I usually have my wife help with it, but I can do it by myself also (just takes longer). Be prepared to get on the roof and you will need to crawl underneath to adjust the straps.
EricEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 03:16 AM   #10
Peace through Camping

My experiences with various covers questions their durability and functionality.

While there is some protection, from the sun, tree debris, and bird deposits, yet I find them quite costly for their short life duration.

I have a flagstaff popup A frame, about 20 ft. So this year I am going try something different. Will purchase a hugh beach ball or water towing tube, secure it in the in the middle of the camper with some type of net to hold it in place (protecting skylights) and then cover the entire thing with a large tarp, securing at the sides and corners with appropriat length bunji cords. Hope to get adequate airflow/ventilation and protection as well.

ps Idea came to me in my sleep while dreamig about future trips
Old 05-08-2019, 05:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by the boss927 View Post
My experiences with various covers questions their durability and functionality.

While there is some protection, from the sun, tree debris, and bird deposits, yet I find them quite costly for their short life duration.

I have a flagstaff popup A frame, about 20 ft. So this year I am going try something different. Will purchase a hugh beach ball or water towing tube, secure it in the in the middle of the camper with some type of net to hold it in place (protecting skylights) and then cover the entire thing with a large tarp, securing at the sides and corners with appropriat length bunji cords. Hope to get adequate airflow/ventilation and protection as well.

ps Idea came to me in my sleep while dreamig about future trips
That the thing about Tarps, they don't breath. If fully covered and not enough airflow, you can trap moisture inside and promote mold growth on the surface. Giving it plenty of airflow is key. The plastic in a Tarp is also harder on the finish if the wind keeps it rubbing against the exterior.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 08:48 PM   #12

We only got 6-MONTHS out of our last ADCO cover on a pop-up... very disappointed. San Diego Sunshine in rainier than normal year... Not gonna waste any more dollars on ADCO. We only put it on/off about 3 times in that period... last week we moved the pop-up to another storage lot and the cover tore right down the middle (no sharp pokeys). Upon further examination... it's turning to dust from the sun. should not do that... this is not Phoenix and half of that time it was "winter" in San Diego.
jerrytucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover