Old 07-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #21

Coffee pot rides on the counter (it is usually on when we have early take offs), toaster and crock are up in the cabinet, induction cooker is down in the pot and pan drawer, o'course we have a motorhouse so we can keep an eye on things as well.

Weezer you are absolutely correct about I20 West in the Shreveport / Bossier area, you don't even need spurs to get that horse to buck.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #22

BamaBob, once you get it all figured out as to how you want to 'secure' your appliances and 'think' you have it right, take your rig and tow it southbound on US 83 through South Dakota and on in to Nebraska. If everything holds up during that test run, your appliances will be fine!

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 07-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
BamaBob, once you get it all figured out as to how you want to 'secure' your appliances and 'think' you have it right, take your rig and tow it southbound on US 83 through South Dakota and on in to Nebraska. If everything holds up during that test run, your appliances will be fine!
I will X3 on OC's Museum Wax - that stuff is lock tight goo but you can lift it off with effort.

CSMRetired, you are fortunate - you have a MH and can monitor...I was telling 6 actual yesterday I wanted to take a short ride in the back while she towed the 5er over some rough back roads ... She sorta looked at me funny and said honey you forgot to say "hey bubba, hold my beer and watch this!"
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #24
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
I will X3 on OC's Museum Wax - that stuff is lock tight goo but you can lift it off with effort.

CSMRetired, you are fortunate - you have a MH and can monitor...I was telling 6 actual yesterday I wanted to take a short ride in the back while she towed the 5er over some rough back roads ... She sorta looked at me funny and said honey you forgot to say "hey bubba, hold my beer and watch this!"
(chuckle) Ironic that you mention "taking a ride". After DH and I picked up Buffy yesterday we cruised over to the Board Walk in S'port to eat lunch at Salt Grass Restaurant. Had the Prime Rib again.

I was....yep, you guessed it....gut sprung! So I joked about riding home in the 5er, takin' a nap on the bed. He strongly advised against that, seein' as how we had to navigate that RVer's Gauntlet of Hades back thru Bossier, and said he'd be interested in counting how many imprints of those under the counter lights over the bed would be on my forehead.

BUT, once we got home and checked on everything...NOTHING being held in place with museum putty had moved.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post

THAT is a classic! you would have to do a youtube video on that one too

'Pa Pa's Palace'

Old 07-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #26

When stored "everything has a place and is in its place" during trips the coffee pot sits in the sink with a towel around it. Most everything else is in its place.
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:04 PM   #27

Keurig coffee maker stores in cabinet under sink and toaster in island cabinet during travel. We could probably leave them on the counter but have never felt comfortable doing so. Everything has a place during transit and we just make a habit if putting all away before travel. We have ample counter space for us so coffee maker and toaster stay out once we arrive and are set up