Old 06-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Securing Small Appliances

I was wondering what other folks do with their coffee makers, toasters, ice makers and other small appliances when in transit.

Currently we put ours on the floor and cover with a blanket. Got to thinking that there might be other solutions to semi-permently mount the appliances where we typically keep them when camping.

Anyone have a solution (short of screwing them to the counter that is )

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
Toaster and coffee maker are wrapped in a towel, placed side by side under the bench seat for the dinette with a spare blanket for dunnage.

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
We keep the toaster put away in a cabinet when not in use (limited counter space). The current B&D Pod type Coffee Maker goes on the dinette seat and rides just fine. Previously we had a space saver under cabinet mount coffee maker, and the pot would ride in the kitchen sink, with a towel under it.

When we had the old style CRT type TV in out previous camper, I cut a section of 1/2" plywood to fit the TV shelf, and stained it to match. I screwed thru the bottom of the plywood into the bottom of the TV (plastic case). It then sat the TV/Plywood base on the shelf and screwed thru the top of the plywood and into the shelf. Ran with it like that for three years with no issue.

If you have several small appliances, you could place them all in a small plastic storage bin and let it sit on the floor. A few no slip strips on the bottom of the bin should keep it in place.

Heavy Duty Velcro may also work for you. The adhesive wont hurt the countertop, and it can be removed and cleaned off if needed.
Chuck Roder & Family
'07 Surveyor SV-235RS & '03 Chevy TrailBlazer EXT LT V8
High Springs, FL.
MOD Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
Over our sink is a cabinet that fits the toaster and coffee pot perfectly. Upon setup they go to the counter and some of the more oft used things get moved up there - like bread.
Our pantry is not need enough and we have a dog cage on the floor in front of it making access a bit of a PITA.
Jill & Chris, Wills (14) Evie (11) & Toby our collie (5)
2011 Grey Wolf 28BH
2013 Chevy K1500 Crew w/ Reese StraitLine Dual Cam

Nights camped 2011: 11 2012: 18 2013: 12 2014: 12 2015: 13 2016: 3
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:35 PM   #5
We keep our toaster and coffee maker in cabinets when not in use (another person with limited counter space). We have a soft side zip up container we use for the toaster. This is more to protect the cabinetry and other items in the cabinet than to protect the toaster. It also helps with crumbs not getting all over the place. For the coffee maker we have a hard sided container that fits the base. We wrap the pot in an old dishrag to keep it from bouncing around. It also makes for neater packing of other items in the cabinet. Other than those we don't really carry small appliances with us.
2015 F150 Ecoboost
2014 Palomini 142 CK
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
We place the coffee maker in the kitchen sink. Other appliances are in cabinets
tmhyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #7
Our coffee maker stays on the counter and the pot goes in the cupboard by the toaster.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
DonCath25ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #8
Mod free 5er
Museum putty for coffee maker, toaster in cabinet, icemaker just sits on counter.

Museum putty will hold everything on the counter on ours, but it rides pretty smooth with the shocks on the suspension.
OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:01 PM   #9
I use velcro on the coffee maker, knife ect.
F-250 . stealth 3210 solar pannels, fantastic fans. and life line batteries
John McClain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:12 PM   #10
I store the coffee maker in one of the overhead cabinets over the side bar in the kitchen.

Our stand-alone paper towel dispenser sits on the counter right by the stove. It's never moved, not even a fraction, even while running that RVer's hell gauntlet called I-20 West coming in to Bossier City, LA.

We've been putting the ice maker under the bed, but I'm tempted to try it like OC does; just leave it sitting on that side bar where it lives while in use while we're camping. (Right now it's in the S&B, being put to great use while the RV is in for warranty work.)

All other "stuff" is left where it usually sits, held in place by museum putty, except for my scent/wax tart warmer. That gets stored, wrapped in a towel, in the kitchen trash can while in transit.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote