Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2017, 07:44 AM   #1

Sewer Hose Storage

The last time we went camping, one of my sewer hoses got stuck inside the bumper. I pulled and pushed and finally got the hose out, but quickly realized that the connecting end of the hose was still jammed in there. I borrowed a pole from the neighbors who were witnessing the comedy show and was able to push it out the other end. Never again!

PVC fence post is another option. I may improve on how the end caps are secured, but this seems to work well for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6884.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	279.9 KB
ID:	139388   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6880.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	139389   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6879.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	139390  
Gkhaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:16 AM   #2

Take a screw-on cap for the hose, if one is available, and drill a hole in it and put a S or Eye hook in it. That is what I did for my Rhino hose. I use a piece of wooden dowel, that I also use for measuring the distance of the slide outs when I park, and placed a S hook on the end. I use it to retrieve stuck hoses in the bumper when needed. It works like a charm. I also have three 5" fence post covers for hose storage. I place my water hose or extra sewer hoses in them. It can also be used for storing your electrical cord. I have three attached under the RV.
lakejumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage