Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
lve

Sheets for bunks

Have a new Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 831BHDS. I have a question about the sheets that will fit the bunks in the back. Looking for suggestions. Thanks!

H & L Vertrees
831BHDS 2012 Flagstaff
2006 250 Ford
Ardmore, OK
lve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #2

When we had our R Pod, my wife took sheets and sewn then to fit around the mattress, like a giant pillow case. We did the same for our current bunkhouse.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #3

We have quad bunks and I use the sheet straps/holders - placed one near the top and one near the bottom (underneath the mattress of coarse..lol) and use regular single/twin sheets..keeps them nice and snug. Use the same sheet straps on our queen bed at other end but at the usual 4 corners.

I do believe I bought them in Walmart but might be able to purchase elsewhere.
mcbride5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
Site Team

Not sure exactly what size your bunks are but these sheets from gilbin are designed for camp cots and fit the bunk in my trailer well. They also come in a highly useful drawstring bag so you can just keep them packed in the trailer for occasional use if needed.

Home & Camp Store - Name Tapes, Cot Sheets, Soft Trunks & Duffel Bags.
Janet H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
lve

Thank you for the replies. All good ideas and will try them to see which best suits our "style".

H & L Vertrees
831BHDS 2012 Flagstaff
2006 250 Ford
Ardmore, OK
lve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Another rat in the race

We use fitted twin sheets and the mattress straps but we also use the vinyl sheet protectors. All of this wrapped around the mattress. Then the kids use sleeping bags (just the cheap ones) after all it is camping. This way the kids are just dirtying up the sleeping bags and if there is an accident with soda or other bed involved liquids we just pull the sheet off wash it with the sleeping bag wipe down the vinyl and there you go, clean unstained mattress, and if you count the cold adult drink at the laundry facilities not a bad way to spend some alone time.

With a wife (of 15yrs), 2 kids (15,4), 2 dogs (17,1 human years), House payment (way to high to mention), trailer truck car payments, and I'm an engineer my life is filled with drama the easier the camping experience the less the therapy bills.