Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #1

Shower to shelves/closet?

Hello all! I have a Shamrock 21SS hybrid with a laughably tiny shower. I have used it once and vowed to use the camps showers (or even nature!) from then on. My husband is a large man and didn't even try! Not to mention the process filling a lot of tank space! Anyway, we have 3 kids that camp with us and really could use the space for storage of clothes or food! Any idea how to use this wasted space short of just piling it in and closing the curtain?! Thanks in advanced for your ideas!
MandTHaltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #2

I would suggest whatever you decide to do, make it temporary. When you decpide to upgrade or sell you'll still have a self contained unit to offer like you bought. Chrome or painted wire rack sheling can be customized ti fit and with rubber feet won't damage the enclosure. Mouting bracket holes can be filled later.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
I would suggest whatever you decide to do, make it temporary. When you decpide to upgrade or sell you'll still have a self contained unit to offer like you bought. Chrome or painted wire rack sheling can be customized ti fit and with rubber feet won't damage the enclosure. Mouting bracket holes can be filled later.
Definitely the plan! . That is what has me stumped! Something temporary that won't fall over during transport. I had thought about one of those shelving units that go around a toilet...if I remember correctly they were kind of spring loaded ceiling to floor. But have not seen anything like that in years!
MandTHaltom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandTHaltom

Definitely the plan! . That is what has me stumped! Something temporary that won't fall over during transport. I had thought about one of those shelving units that go around a toilet...if I remember correctly they were kind of spring loaded ceiling to floor. But have not seen anything like that in years!
Thats the idea, either way because the load underway will tilt the contents you need to come up with nets or bungy cords to hold the stuff. Heavier at the bottom and feather weigts up top. Was thinking of using pipe or conduit " half straps" to secure to one wall with one screw each. The base is hollow so you must spread th vertical load out from the legs, either strips of hardwood or heavy rubber mat. Most of the load is down so its easy to secure. Later you should be able to find plastic caps to fill the screw holes.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #5

How about using tension curtain rods to make a base (no holes required) and then putting a piece of wood cut to fit?
Cyn61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #6

I keep an ice chest in our shower floor for drinks, and when the ice melts I just pull the plug and let the water go down the shower drain.
Also I have a broom and a little vacuum in there that I secure with two sided Velcro tape
From the shower head I hang a laundry bag (unless it gets too heavy).
Aunti-Mgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote