Old 02-25-2019, 06:48 AM   #1

Slide Out Skis

As i was getting the camper ready for the year i was sliding out the large slide on my 2016 freedom express 31SE and heard a disturbing sound. i stopped went out side and observed the plastic corner guard was cracked and hanging out when the slide was extending out. i put the slide in a few inches so i could see the effected area from inside the camper and discovered that it was cracked and grabbing the carpet on the way out and pulling out of the channel. below where the screws are. i tried to fix it enough to get my slide out but it wasn't going to work with out possibly messing up more and with rain in the forecast i was going to risk it. i determined through the google machine it is called a Slideout Ski but i cant find them anywhere on the black hole of the world wide web. i have seen comments on where about making them out of stainless and this or that but i really just want it back to OEM and be done with it. does anyone know where you can find these parts at? i have attached pictures of the part but not the exact one (its from the other side of the slide out)

2017 Nights Camped 75 and counting
2018 Nights Camped 40 and counting[/b]
USMC 2005-2015 OIF OEF
raforan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #2

I had this issue on my 2013 Rockwood 8310SS. I did order two sets from the manufacturer and did not use them as I went with stainless steel. I will have to look and see if I can find where I order them from as it was earlier last year.

I would recommend either making them or look at some newer models as the skis are three or four times as thick.

I did replace the ones on my big slide and hope to get the small slide done this spring.

When I get a chance I will dig the manufacturers name and part numbers.

Good luck,

Tim

Old 02-25-2019, 11:49 AM   #3

Does anyone know about the weep holes under a slide? Where does the water come from?
Allen Page is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out