Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #1

slide out won't work

This is a first time for me as my husband died last month. My battery is up good, hooked up to electric. Every thing works but the slider. It does nothing. I put a new fuse in a place up by the 5th wheel attachment but it still won't go out. Any suggestions would help. Thank you in advance
harmonshorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

It would help to know what year and model of camper you have.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
Site Team

Profile lists 2002 Sierra 5th wheel

Harmonshouses - Sorry to hear about the recent loss of your husband. I don't have any slides but sure others will be able to provide suggestions.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #4

I'm having same problem. I have a 2011 Forest River wild cat eXtralite with one slide. I just purchased it in Oct. 2013. It worked well for about a dozen times now it wont do anything. Battery is fully charged and overload protector is brand new. Any suggestiobs
rmdlesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:29 PM   #5

Sorry to hear about your husband. Does it even try to slide out? Do you hear any motor noise when you try? Does the slide out have a manual way to work the slide out. Ours came with a handle to use similar to what is used for the stabilization jacks. I have never tried it, our had to use it, but it supposed to allow you to extend or retract the slide out if the motor fails. It almost sounds like there is some kind of safety lock in place that you need to undo before the motor will engage. Maybe take it to a dealer or camping world and ask them.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote