Old 04-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #1

Smell

Can anyone tell me what the smell might be at the outside of my toy hauler? It smells a little like sewer gas, but it is a new unused trailer. It isn't the propane. And I don't see any road kill from my trip back. Got any ideals?

Old 04-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #2

do you have any water and chemical in the holding tanks? Could it be that the bathroom was used prior to your purchase by a technician or employee of the palce you bought it at? stranger things have happened. Try adding some chems to your tank and see if that makes a difference. there is only one place that a sewer smell can be coming from your TT holding tanks or a sewage leak near your home. The tanks have a vent and you may be smelling waht is venting. Also pour some water down the sinks and tub to fill the traps in the drain lines.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #3

I learned the hard way never to let you black tank stay dry in hot weather. Whatever didn't make it out on your last flush will start to cook in the heat. A little water to cover the bottom should keep things in check or at least it has for me.
2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #4

Smell

I remember when we bought our first trailer new I too noticed that odor. It turned out to be the new tires I think, at least it came from that area of the unit. After the first trip, it went away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFLST View Post
Can anyone tell me what the smell might be at the outside of my toy hauler? It smells a little like sewer gas, but it is a new unused trailer. It isn't the propane. And I don't see any road kill from my trip back. Got any ideals?

mooneybeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #5
Villa Estate 392FLFB

dump about 5 gallons in each tank and some chems in there. see if that helps. also dump water in the traps of sinks etc.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #6

Last summer I kept smelling a sewer smell. We finally figured out where it was coming from. The battery was bad. It was so hot it was unbelievable. So the moral of that story is check your battery. Hope you figure it out.