Old 09-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #21
Welcome from Lancaster PA!

I use a pole that extends out with a broom end to reach out to those spots you just cant get with a regular broom. I use it on my awnings as well before packing up. Just my thought and do.

Enjoy and safe travels where ever the road takes you!

2012 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8312SS riding on Gladiator rubber.
2004 Ford F350, CC, SB, 6sp, 6L work horse.

Camped 2016 - 21 nights
Life is great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #22
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Saw the posts about leaf blowers and the like.

We bought this wet/dry vacuum earlier this year and it is one of the best gadgets we own! WOW is it a powerful vacuum! The cool thing is the top detaches and it becomes a leaf blower. So it is a all-in-one cleaning tool - great for the carpet and tile floors inside, grate to clean the basement & TOAD and the leaf blower is just the ticket to clean our campsite!

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:42 PM   #23
I got this on clearance....

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1473795747.742090.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	120099

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
totalled 04-11-16 by storm(picking up new one 10-26-16)
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 02:47 PM   #24
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Prime Time advertises that their slide out walls and roof are constructed the same as the rest of the trailer and that it is okay to walk on them. I owned our LaCrosse for 6 years and walked on them while cleaning and washing without and problems.
As far as slide toppers, I've never owned any so can't really help you there.

Yes - they used to have a photo on their website that showed three guys standing on the roof of a slideout.

I have walked on the slides of both units we had prior to this one with no issues....did not let DH on them as he is a big guy so I always do the roof work 😊

Have slide toppers on our Crusader and would not be without them - we are seasonal in a highly wooded site and they are wonderful for keeping debris off !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #25
We had slide toppers on the last 2 units, and I just got the slide toppers for our new Crusader. Love them, as for flapping in the wind, I can only say that we have never experienced this
Charles Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:17 PM   #26
LSA pilot
Cleaning slide out tops

Why not sweep off part, then slide it in so you can reach the next part, duh, lol
palmettoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #27
If you put on some slide toppers, debris collecting on the top is gone/ Underneath the slide topers I use a wet mop and mop out that area on the top and this also cleans the rubber seal on the top. Once they are in your can usually reach in and clean the tops of the slid with a damp cloth. Its amazing how much dust can pile up on the top of them even with a topper. However its much better than having to deal with pine cones and twigs and all other sorts of debris that can wreck your top seal.

2014 -2500TS
Sun Seeker
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #28
Crusader is built for you to walk on. I do it whenever I need to. As for other brands who knows? I would not on most units. There is a pic with 3 guys at the Prime Time factory standing on a slide. It's on there web site.
2012 Crusader 26RLD, 2000 F-350 4X4 7.3.
Hayes Autoformer, Correct track, Maxxis 8008E,
Andersen Aluminum hitch.
Jack350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #29
Yup they flap in the wind and the large ones will have water pool in them. Just watch you don't get a shower when you bring in the one near the door, if you get them. I have them and don't worry about anything getting on the roof. If you don't want to get them them get a cordless leaf blower to blow clean the roof of the slides.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:51 PM   #30
My two cents. I have slide toppers and use a ladder and a leaf blower to. Clean off top of slides. I usually only have to clean them if tt is in campground for a couple weeks.

mulltrr is offline   Reply With Quote

slide, slide out