Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by klspahr View Post
I always considered the gloves to be useful to add a little protection in case you have a cut or scrape that would be an entry point for those bad little "germs". I think that very few things can infect you through your skin. But a good hand wash afterwards not only kills the germs but seems to help clear the memory of the task just finished.

Germs and organisms can indeed infect via tiny cuts in the skin. We recently converted our backyard fountain into an aquatic pond with water lilies, horsetail, etc. The waterfall pump operates about 8 hours each day to keep it moving, but because it's no longer chlorinated, the algae formed in a few days. Goldfish help. But, the pond guy warned me about the water. He said never to let it get on my hands if I have cuts on my skin. He said that recently a woman in our area died from an infection caused by germs in that manner. Better to use rubber gloves. Just my 2 cents worth.
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:54 AM   #62
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniandSal View Post
Germs and organisms can indeed infect via tiny cuts in the skin. We recently converted our backyard fountain into an aquatic pond with water lilies, horsetail, etc. The waterfall pump operates about 8 hours each day to keep it moving, but because it's no longer chlorinated, the algae formed in a few days. Goldfish help. But, the pond guy warned me about the water. He said never to let it get on my hands if I have cuts on my skin. He said that recently a woman in our area died from an infection caused by germs in that manner. Better to use rubber gloves. Just my 2 cents worth.
The only problems with wearing rubber/latex gloves while at the dump station is it makes my sandwich taste funny....

Joking, people. Joking.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:35 PM   #63

My dad told me to buy those heavy duty rubber gloves from Hone Depot. But, those have to be washed off, so I switched to surgical gloves. Easy to pull of and toss into the trash when the job is finished at the dump station.
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:38 PM   #64
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Yes, I bought the throw away gloves. Makes the most sense.

Y'all are all youngsters I know, but my husband and I are getting older. Older people die a little bit easier with E. coli and that sort of thing. Even if you don't die, kidney failure etc is a lot of trouble I would rather not have.