Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,417
Stinky Time Procedures

Okay, we all have different ways to take care of business at the dump station. I just though of something that I do that may seem weird to others.

We've all seen folk use one hose for everything...fill the tank and flush the tank. We've seen folk store all hoses in one location, etc.

I actually spray everything as I go with Clorox Anywhere. Before entering the coach I spray the bottom of my shoes with it too. I've seen people look at me like I'm weird.

So you put gloves on so that you don't get the stuff on your hands. What about the bottom of your shoes. You are stepping on all sorts of stuff at the dump station and I've never seen anyone remove their shoes. That means that you are taking all that stuff inside the coach.

Am I the only weird one?
__________________

__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,509
Don't have that problem as we always camp with full hookups and dump before we go home.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #3
cogito ergo moo
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Okay, we all have different ways to take care of business at the dump station. I just though of something that I do that may seem weird to others.

We've all seen folk use one hose for everything...fill the tank and flush the tank. We've seen folk store all hoses in one location, etc.

I actually spray everything as I go with Clorox Anywhere. Before entering the coach I spray the bottom of my shoes with it too. I've seen people look at me like I'm weird.

So you put gloves on so that you don't get the stuff on your hands. What about the bottom of your shoes. You are stepping on all sorts of stuff at the dump station and I've never seen anyone remove their shoes. That means that you are taking all that stuff inside the coach.

Am I the only weird one?
I'd rather track poo water across my carpet than bleach. I mean... I can always clean the carpet, but bleached out footprints are another story.

Tim
__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 2012
2016 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
Nights camped 2017 - 0
Nights Reserved 147121212125 ..........My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/

Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
TF-Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
Posts: 108
For myself I put on a hazmat suit, sure don't want that stuff on me
__________________
Kevin & Debbie and our little dog Emma
2004 F-150 Lariat 4X4 Ext Cab 5.4
2010 Flagstaff Shamrock Hybrid 19
TF-Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
I'd rather track poo water across my carpet than bleach. I mean... I can always clean the carpet, but bleached out footprints are another story.

Tim
Nobody said anything about bleach.

We have a couple of rug rats and can't imagine having hundreds of peoples poo on our floors.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #6
CLT
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL
 
CLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 316
Got to be some shoe covers that would work for that. Or you could always keep a pair of rain boots in your storage. But I see your concern as a valid one. I don't want that to be tracked in either.
__________________
NO TV!!! NOW WHAT???
2014 Coachmen Apex 259BHSS
CLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #7
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,509
Don't understand all the hazmat suits, bleach wipes, etc. All of our stuff is clean on the outside and I don't stick my gloved hands inside of any hose or fitting and sure don't walk in it. Using full hook ups eliminates dump stations also. Treat it just as I do fueling the truck. When finished, I wash my hands and go on about my business.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #8
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 12,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Kevin View Post
For myself I put on a hazmat suit,


Uhhhh, is there something else you might want to tell us........since you carry a hazmat suit in your RV.

I seem to recall this same thing happening in Breaking Bad?
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I've invented a new word. "Plagiarism"
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Kevin View Post
For myself I put on a hazmat suit, sure don't want that stuff on me
I saw this guy in front of me with nothing but bare hands and an old leaky stinky slinky. Shite everywhere literally. Anything his hands touched had hundreds of people's poo on it...door handles, etc. I think most of his waste was left on the concrete pad than down the drain. He didn't even bother to hose it off. Made me want to toss my sneakers after having to walk all over that stuff.

We are not germaphobes by any means, but damn!
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT View Post
Got to be some shoe covers that would work for that. Or you could always keep a pair of rain boots in your storage. But I see your concern as a valid one. I don't want that to be tracked in either.
That's what I was thinking too...some slip on covers that you can toss along with the gloves.
__________________

__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.