Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2019, 02:13 PM   #1

Storage for folding chairs

Hi All,
Wondering if anyone has found a good place to store their folding chairs? Micro Lite 25 FKS.
There is no storage compartment accessible from the outside that is big enough for any chairs, so I am brining them inside. Tried laying on the bed, but that brings all the outside dirt in. Tried standing up along side of dinette table, but then they are in the way when making quick stops along the rode.

Anyone found better places to store them?
PaulaPedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:11 PM   #2
Kasual Kamper

Unfortunately, lawn chairs are just one of those items that don't store anywhere well. Lots of people with SUVs and pickups will put them in the bed of the truck. We store ours on the dinette bed in our Flagstaff 21DS. They sort of interlock, so don't move much in transit. I'm careful to ensure that they're clean before going into the camper.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #3

We take a couple of zero gravity chairs when we go south for the winter. I slide the sofa out a couple of inches and stand the chairs on end behind it. Push the sofa back in and the chairs don't move.

In your case;
Strap them to the wall on the far side of the bed.
Will they fit under the flip up bed?
If you drop the dinette table and fold up the legs, will they fit in the footwell?
Last is lay the dinette cushions on the bed, drop the dinette table, lay a blanket on the dinette table and place the chairs on the blanket. You should figure out a method of strapping them down to the table.

Or replace them with bag chairs that you can place in your storage compartment.
Goldwing 1800GL
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #4

We usually just stuff them into the bed of the truck. In the past, we have also put them behind the murphy bed in our 2509S. I have though about building a special rack under the trailer for them, but that is as far as I got.
Brastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:31 PM   #5

I wanted to get some thin 6" PVC and mount to my "bike bunk" above my batteries. I skeptical they'll fit in 6". So I'm considering designing and building a wood box for the same area.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:33 PM   #6

We use the canvas type on a folding metal frame, folds and stuffs in a canvas bag. Not the most comfortable chair but easy to carry a few in the storage compartments.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:46 PM   #7

not sure what style of chairs you have, ... but if you have a ladder, the Camco ladder rack works great for most chairs, ... and with a cable lock locking them to the ladder, they should be about as secure as with any other method, ...

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Support...s%2C294&sr=8-3

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
not sure what style of chairs you have, ... but if you have a ladder, the Camco ladder rack works great for most chairs, ... and with a cable lock locking them to the ladder, they should be about as secure as with any other method, ...

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Support...s%2C294&sr=8-3

I use the same rack on my MicroLite 25BDS. In addition to the cable lock I also use a bungee cord to keep them from "flapping in the breeze. I carry tow zero gravity chairs.

When traveling in crappy weather I move them inside and merely lay them on the Jackknife couch with an old U-Haul furniture blanket under them to keep them from chafing thorough the "upholstery" Crappy weather means rain and that means the chairs hanging of the back can often end up with lots of road dirt on them. Sure, they're washable but I'm lazy so I just move them inside to keep them clean. That way I only have to deal with the bird deposits that for some reason appear frequently.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage