Old 05-18-2015, 03:02 PM   #71

Experience

No one assumes it will happen to them! WOW....lot's of damage.
I guess we have all learn these things the hard way.
If you do not have this protection, heed these stories and pull out that cash and do it!

Old 05-19-2015, 09:26 AM   #72

Lets see here.... $295 for protection to save $12-$60,000 of RV..... I wonder what I should do?

Old 05-21-2015, 12:39 AM   #73
Lon

A fascinating subject. I've often wondered if a really big resistor and the mother of all diodes would do any good in keeping a gazillion amps from arcing an inch to knock out our thermostat when it has just traveled several miles to earth. Ben Franklin certainly found the key to success in diverting Mother Nature as opposed to stopping her in her tracks with his invention of the lightening rod. Shortly after his kite experiment and he had some time to think about it he said "it's clear there is a God and He does intervene in the lives of men." Meaning his own life. But somehow I've gotta doubt that if you were in a little metal box we call a camper that was close enough to a bolt of lightening to blow a hole in the hot water tank that a surge protector would prevent u from having a shocking experience. Maybe a lightening rod made out of a one iron because as u undoubtedly have heard only God can hit a one iron. Because if that happened to me I'd be thanking this guy on my knees. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1432183006.440168.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	77579
Old 05-21-2015, 02:01 AM   #74

$230 dollars and 4 hours of my labor, and my trailer is now protected. Pretty low price to pay for protecting an expensive RV. Also nice piece of mind.

Actually I also like the remote display. It should how many amps I'm using, which when boondocking will be nice to see.
mbCik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:41 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon View Post
A fascinating subject. I've often wondered if a really big resistor and the mother of all diodes would do any good in keeping a gazillion amps from arcing an inch to knock out our thermostat when it has just traveled several miles to earth. Ben Franklin certainly found the key to success in diverting Mother Nature as opposed to stopping her in her tracks with his invention of the lightening rod. Shortly after his kite experiment and he had some time to think about it he said "it's clear there is a God and He does intervene in the lives of men." Meaning his own life. But somehow I've gotta doubt that if you were in a little metal box we call a camper that was close enough to a bolt of lightening to blow a hole in the hot water tank that a surge protector would prevent u from having a shocking experience. Maybe a lightening rod made out of a one iron because as u undoubtedly have heard only God can hit a one iron. Because if that happened to me I'd be thanking this guy on my knees. Attachment 77579
Actually it is a meth that Ben Franklin with his kite and a key did anything that day. And yes if God sent a bolt of lightening big enough to blow a hole in the hot water tank a surge protector would not prevent damage, but then again, that is an act of God and not a spike in the campground electric system. Oh an by the way, I also can hit a one iron.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:52 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfl View Post
Actually it is a meth that Ben Franklin with his kite and a key did anything that day. And yes if God sent a bolt of lightening big enough to blow a hole in the hot water tank a surge protector would not prevent damage, but then again, that is an act of God and not a spike in the campground electric system. Oh an by the way, I also can hit a one iron.
I don't think (Ben Franklin) was on Meth? Poor Richard,Maybe! Youroo!!
Old 05-21-2015, 07:42 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
No Ben ...the kite thing
Old 05-21-2015, 07:43 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Not Ben ...the kite thing
Old 05-21-2015, 07:54 PM   #79

What....God runs a Meth Lab?.....
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:55 PM   #80

Shocking, shocking I say!