Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 26
Radiation suit.
__________________

__________________
Weeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #22
TeresaInCAL
 
TeresaInCAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California foothills
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
Like most of us I carry things in RV storage I hope I never have to use. What are Yours?
1. 20 ton bottle jack
2. First Aid Kit
????
I thank God we had 2 bottle jacks on hand (just in case). We needed them on our FIRST trip out! The nut broke off on the hitch bar, and we would not have been able to hook back up without the bottle jack!
__________________

__________________
Teresa
2013 f150 Ecoboost 4x4
2009 Gray Wolf, 22BH
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
A comealong. LOL, don't hear that term often outside the deep South, or at least I haven't.

Aw, c'mon, Weezer...really? I think it is more a matter of age than locality that separates it. My kids - both in their 30's - probably don't know exactly what it is, but this Yankee, who grew up on a farm, knows it well.
__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:37 PM   #24
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Aw, c'mon, Weezer...really? I think it is more a matter of age than locality that separates it. My kids - both in their 30's - probably don't know exactly what it is, but this Yankee, who grew up on a farm, knows it well.
OK, I'll concede.....yep, probably age.

DH just mentioned a "Johnson Bar", WTH is that? Ahhh OK, he just described it....whole lotta words to describe what is essentially a "cheater bar". It just rolls.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #25
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Again the forum helps us....we've never carried a drill. After reading the "wardrobe slide came out doing 65 MPH" we're about to buy a Porter-Cable drill. IL batteries, not NiCad. (now that we know that the flex drive is, and what it's for, that I found in a kitchen drawer)

DH is stoked....argh argh argh, he gets to tool shop! Of course he has drills in his shop...this one will be for the 5er only.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:48 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Again the forum helps us....we've never carried a drill. After reading the "wardrobe slide came out doing 65 MPH" we're about to buy a Porter-Cable drill. IL batteries, not NiCad. (now that we know that the flex drive is, and what it's for, that I found in a kitchen drawer)

DH is stoked....argh argh argh, he gets to tool shop! Of course he has drills in his shop...this one will be for the 5er only.
This reminds me that I need to get a new drill because I put an older 3/8 Skil in the trailer.
Ya it is corded but that's what the 5500 watt generator is for...
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #27
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
OK, I'll concede.....yep, probably age.

DH just mentioned a "Johnson Bar", WTH is that? Ahhh OK, he just described it....whole lotta words to describe what is essentially a "cheater bar". It just rolls.
A comealong - nothing new about those to this country boy.

Never did hear of a cheater bar being called a "Johnson Bar" however.

And of course some of us still call them "Ford Wrenches". I understand Henry Ford included an adjustable wrench in each new car - thus the name.

Some of us still call an adjustable wrench a "Cresent Wrench" after it's manufacturers name.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #28
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
A comealong - nothing new about those to this country boy.

Never did hear of a cheater bar being called a "Johnson Bar" however.

And of course some of us still call them "Ford Wrenches". I understand Henry Ford included an adjustable wrench in each new car - thus the name.

Some of us still call an adjustable wrench a "Cresent Wrench" after it's manufacturers name.
I've only heard it called the Crescent Wrench...had no idea that was the manufacturer's name. I just figured it was called that because it's kinda crescent shaped when it's opened up.

DH described the Johnson Bar as being basically a leverage bar on a wheel, with the wheel being the fulcrum point. I.E. a cheater bar on a wheel.

(remember, he's a Yankee, so it might be a language barrier type thingie)

FTR I was a "daddy's girl"...while my sisters were playing with dolls I was usually found somewhere with Daddy down around the barn messing with horses or fiddlin' with the tractor.

One of my favorites memories is up under Daddy's truck helping him change out a u-joint. I was probably 8 years old at the time.

But, there was a method to my madness. If I hung out in the house Momma would find some dishes to wash, floors to paste wax (hand buffed, of course.... after stripping the old wax with ammonia) or scrubbing baseboards.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #29
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
This reminds me that I need to get a new drill because I put an older 3/8 Skil in the trailer.
Ya it is corded but that's what the 5500 watt generator is for...
Lowe's has a clearance right now on a duo deal; 18v Drill plus an impact drill...two batteries. Impact drill would be nice for lug nuts, plus it's a 1600 in/pound torque wrench.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:12 PM   #30
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
I've only heard it called the Crescent Wrench...had no idea that was the manufacturer's name. I just figured it was called that because it's kinda crescent shaped when it's opened up.

DH described the Johnson Bar as being basically a leverage bar on a wheel, with the wheel being the fulcrum point. I.E. a cheater bar on a wheel.

(remember, he's a Yankee, so it might be a language barrier type thingie)
I misspelled the manufacturers name. It's "Crescent" as you spelled it correctly.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.