Old 04-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #11
We pulled the toy hauler with the 100 gal of water the 4 hour drive down as we knew we would be in Moab for 8 days. We ran through about 225-250 gal of water and dumped about 50 prior to the drive home.
Showers for 6 almost everyday burned up a lot of water. Gear Heads in Moab allowed us to fill jugs of filtered water for free to fill our tanks up from time to time.

26' Forrest Sierra Toy Hauler
Pulling toys for my boys!

26' Forrest Sierra Toy Hauler
Pulling toys for my boys!
nexcompac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #12
I would definitely want to research before you plan to travel to your destination; which you're doing. I find that sometimes if its been dry for a while or a lot of rain there will be a greater chance that the water in not good for drinking. Which is bad especially if you planned on filling at your destination. I agree with the previous poster about filling with the water you're sure about (home) at least for your first trip. You're hauling a pretty big rig anyway...that much water won't make too much difference. As for not hauling full tanks due to the weight and straps holding the tanks... thats the first I've heard of that. Unless you were on some rough roads and bouncing down the road... which can happen on some secondary highways especially in climates with great temperature change...Good luck.

Happy Camper
Nova Scotia

Smitty72 is offline   Reply With Quote