Old 04-10-2016, 12:15 PM   #1
Tires Help !!!!!

I have a 40 foot Cardinal 5th wheel my tires are Goodyear Marathon 235X80X16 E I have less than 20,000 miles are there any better tires and is there places to have all 4 tires aligned on the trailer. I travel from Nova Scotia Canada to Alamo Texas each year.( Winter Texan )

selkirk awards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
How are they wearing? Even across the tread or a funny wear pattern. That is around the mileage I get out of a car trailer and I don't have a problem with that considering trailers track different and are under different stress than a regular vehicle. I'm on my third set in 60000 miles. Using radials now, big improvement.

2012 SunSeeker 3100SS Toad-1962 Futura
A32Deuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:28 PM   #3
We switched out the marathons(one had failed internally) with only a few thousand miles on them to Michelin XPS Rib's. Others on here have done the same which is one reason why I went with them as well. They are a much better quality tire. Jerry.
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Duramax 2WD CC/SB
2013 Cardinal 3030RS full body paint
B&W Companion slider, air bags, EFI Live Custom tuning by So Cal Diesel
Jerry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:59 PM   #4
Take a look at Maxxis and Sailun tires, both of which have a good reputation. If you're getting even wear I'd say there's no reason to get an alignment. If you observe odd wear then you should arrange for an alignment check. Most shops aren't capable of checking trailers, but truck spring shops should be able to help you.
--2005 F350 Superduty Crewcab, 6.0, 4wd, short bed, 3.73 gears;
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:18 PM   #5
I had two Marathon tires fail on my Sanibel also. In my opinion the tire failures is not really brand specific but due to running near or over max load. So I looked to up grade to a higher load range tire but the options are few here. Also in my case the rims were not capable of handling the higher air pressure needed for a higher load range tire. I changed the rims to rims that could handle a load range H tire and upgraded to Sailun tires S637. I do not think that I will have any additional tire problems with this setup, but I will let you all know.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote

tire, tires