Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2011, 07:09 AM   #1

Toy Hauler Ramp Transition Flaps

I think that's what they are called...

When we loaded our gear into our Wolf Pack 19WP we had a hard time getting our smokers onto the edge of the ramp and then again across the gap at the top of the ramp. For most people who carry ATVs or other toys with big wheels these spots would be fine, but our toys have smaller wheels.

I have seen what I'll call transition flaps that fold down to smooth out the end of the ramp and bridge the gap at the top, but I haven't been able to find them online to buy after market. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #2

I would check with a race car trailer manufacture. They use them on the transition at the top of the ramp. Just check the internet. Or you can make one one fairly easy. Find a sheet metal place and have them cut two pieces for you and put piano hinge from any hardware store in between. You can make it as long as you want. They will have access to all types of metal for that. Just simply mount one side to the trailer
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I think that's what they are called...

When we loaded our gear into our Wolf Pack 19WP we had a hard time getting our smokers onto the edge of the ramp and then again across the gap at the top of the ramp. For most people who carry ATVs or other toys with big wheels these spots would be fine, but our toys have smaller wheels.

I have seen what I'll call transition flaps that fold down to smooth out the end of the ramp and bridge the gap at the top, but I haven't been able to find them online to buy after market. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Capt. Ron,

I think the diamond plate in this pic is what you're looking for?

It flips up with the ramp, it got a piano style hinge. My 21RR came with it. I would call your local dealer and see what they can do? Or talk to a local trailer shop and tell them what you need.

Good luck,
Scot
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:14 PM   #4

Ours also came with it. Check with Forest River or your local dealer. The top plate slides when the door is closed and the large tail section flips ups. Click image for larger version

Name:	2009wolfpackback door1.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	6311
strlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #5

Ron, I'm having the exact same issue on my new Work N Play.. Were you able to find anything on this? Thanks..
Smokin FyrPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin FyrPit View Post
Ron, I'm having the exact same issue on my new Work N Play.. Were you able to find anything on this? Thanks..
Sorry... I've been away for a while.

I did find these...

72 Inch Trailer Door Slider Plates|Trailer Threshold Cover|Trailer Gap Cover|Trailer Parts

But I haven't looked into the options shown above from Forest River or looked into local options. The ones above are perfect, but they seem overpriced to me.

2022 Georgetown GT5 31L5
2013 Ford Edge Limited

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote