Old 03-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #11

You sound like you have it under control, Seems every trip I make I think of something else. Start with what you have which sounds great then add on as you think of something that would make it easier for you, and then count your money, your list could be end list. You have alot more then I started with already. Most important is have FUN....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #12
Professional Texan

Today I unloaded a 28 foot TT that I have had for 7 years. I'm getting a new one on Monday.

I was shocked at all the junk I had in the trailer. It was about 3 pickup truck loads of stuff I thought I might need when I bought my first trailer. I hope that all of it does not find its way back in my new one.

That said, you have a very good list. I really like my Lynx Blocks. After you been have out a few times or in one year. Take an inventory of everything on board and unload all that you don't need.

My rule of thumb is except for a few basic tools and supply items if I don't use it on most trips and I can buy it at Wal-Mart in an emergency, I don't haul it around.

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #13

I like the Walmart rule! All the stuff on the list seems like it will be used on a regular basis, but I have NEVER done this before. The whole family is excited, but if I watch another YouTube video on emptying a black tank, I might shoot myself.

Actually, I might shoot myself if after watching these videos I still screw it up the first time. I am nervous about flushing the dreaded black tank...

We have our first (4) trips planned

First Trip - Driveway
Second - Wisconsin Dells
Third - Central Illinois
Fourth - Branson, MO
Old 03-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Same here about the black tank but it really has been a non-issue! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #15

Wow what a list. Great start.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #16

A bottle opener and a cork screw!
Days Camped 2012 = 42
Days Camped 2013 = 9 planned before April 1st
Local Ohio CGs - Punderson SP and West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #17

Bottle opener, cork screw and a kegerator (don't I wish!).

What about walkie talkies for the wife and me? Figure it might help when backing into a spot. If not, do they make wireless backup cameras you can put on the back of the TT?

Rick
Old 03-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #18
Fulltime family RVer

Wife and I tend to use our cell phones instead of walkie talkies because the truck has Bluetooth and is hands-free for me. Plus it's synchronous 2-way without having to push a button.

We still carry walkie-talkies, but it's mostly used by our daughter as she's out bike riding.

And yes- lots of options for backup/rearview cameras. If you go wireless, t seems you need to spend as much money as possible to have good performance. Or so I've read.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #19
Explorer

Congratulations on the new camper and the new adventure.
Fridge spring-loaded travel bars, these hold everything in place bouncing down the road. The more you pack the pantries full the less things will shift, tip over and fall out when the door is opened. But my fridge seems to hourly change and the adjustable bars hold it all tight and in place. You will soon learn to open every door very slow with one hand underneath.
“Close-Up List” this is the cheapest needed item that will save you the most financially and in stress/hart-ache. With every new camper I make a new Close-up List, I set the camper up in the front yard with everything out(hoses, electrical, stabilizers, tv antenna, vents, water pump on, windows, blinds, awning……) Then I have the wife follow me around and she makes a list while I stow every everything(grey/black valves closed, water regulator removed and stowed(found several of these), water pump off, propane off(I don’t but safer), vents down(unless you have travel covers), tv/satellite antenna down, awning secured, storage doors locked ………… ). Get a pattern when you close-up, when the wife is with us she does the inside and I do the outside. The Close-up list will evolve the first couple trips and then after 30 or so I used it less.
Could even make a Set-Up list; my sister and her husband scare the **** out of me when I watch them unhook the TT before chocking tires. I have even seen my sister pull chocks before hooking up to the TV. Can only talk politely to them so many times, I just don’t watch anymore.
I love every part of camping; slow down, organize and enjoy, this is my life
John
Old 03-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #20

John,

I would not even have thought of "set up" and "close up" lists. In fact, I think this might be one of the best ideas anyone has given me, so THANK YOU!

I have never camped in a camper and have not camped much at all, so I will make sure I put these checklists in place.

If you have a "set up" or "close up" list, would you mind sharing it with me? I have no idea what I should do first, second, third, etc.

Rick