Old 04-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #31
Newbie.

WOW. Best thread yet. I've been "cuttin' and pastin'" most of this thread directly to my iphone notes.
Something a friend of mine suggested to me as well, drill and install a soap dispenser directly into your counter top next to sink. She said you'll be shocked how often you're looking for soap.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #32
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
..., except Sid@daisyboykin. but he knows that they are are the best around.
And he got one of the 1st 12 sets ever built and likes them. Too bad they're all gone. Just selling the attaching brackets now. You have to make your own poles. The brackets are the key to how they work.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #33

Depending on where and for how long you are on one campsite without full hookups you might consider one of the portable waste tanks to pull behind the TV to the dump station, and another 5 gal for water. Just remember all liquids are heavy, the largest tanks would be almost impossible to move when full. A lot of people stick with a 15 gal portable waste tank.
2012 Rockwood UltraLite 2304s trailer
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #34

Here's one thing I take along that saves time setting up and tearing down. My cordless drill. You can go to harbor freight or your local hardware and get a 1/2" adapter and a 3/4" socket then you can raise and lower your jacks faster and easier. Some have a steel bar with a 90į angle on it you can buy an allen wrench in a close size to the diameter of the steel rod to use with your drill. If the end doesn't fit you can have someone machine or grind it down to fit your drill.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaxle View Post
Here's one thing I take along that saves time setting up and tearing down. My cordless drill. You can go to harbor freight or your local hardware and get a 1/2" adapter and a 3/4" socket then you can raise and lower your jacks faster and easier. Some have a steel bar with a 90į angle on it you can buy an allen wrench in a close size to the diameter of the steel rod to use with your drill. If the end doesn't fit you can have someone machine or grind it down to fit your drill.
Or you could have power jacks like my TT
Old 04-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpey31 View Post
Or you could have power jacks like my TT
I see you got the factory installed cordless drill option.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #37
Mod free 5er

The most important thing you need is a credit card with at least a $10,000 limit that has nothing against it or a very wealthy wife!
Old 04-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
I see you got the factory installed cordless drill option.
Lol yea but they are slow
Old 04-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #39

Congratulations on the new trailer .

Sanity! LOL, I don't know how many times my wife and I have disagreed on things when setting up and tearing down to go home.
Practice several times in driveway hooking up TT to TV and un-hooking set up and tear down.
Decide where all the things you want in there and when done camping place back where stored for next time use, other wise you may forget where the items are.
Develop routine, write down steps you take for future reference ( I have a fairly new camper and have mine on my computer but not done yet). As you go along you may find you need to change it. My old TT we could open and close in 1/2 hr. , new one it takes 1/2 hr. to 45 min..
Practice backing up in a large empty parking lot, wife should be near back of trailer on drivers side for you to see while giving directions. We use standard construction hand signals or two way radios, on the same channel, but avoid ch 10 as most campgrounds tend to use it.
Silverado Crew Cab 6.0L V8 W/3:73
2011 Rockwood HW296 16" Box
Tent Camper
HW296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #40

I have a Reese receiver lock and coupler latch lock that use the same key, it came in a package together. I recommend using a locking receiver lock rather that the standard receiver pin with retainer clip (neighbor caught someone trying to steel his receiver at a store parking lot many years ago). I use the latch lock only when I am not towing, like at campground, home when not in use, offsite storage if required and winter storage. For when the TT is being towed I use a "D" pin style for obvious reasons on the trailer coupler latch to prevent the latch opening up while towing. A common newbie mistake is to forget to attach trailer brake cable to receiver. This is what I do, I wrap the cable once around the drivers side chain and put it in the quick link, and close the threaded portion (I just bring it up to the tread) or a Caribbeaner if used.

Silverado Crew Cab 6.0L V8 W/3:73
2011 Rockwood HW296 16" Box
Tent Camper
HW296 is offline   Reply With Quote