Old 07-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #1

TV - NOT

When we take the trailer out, the last thing we want to do is get on our computers (including smart phones) or watch TV.

So, when we bought our trailer last year we kind of chuckled at the sales woman who bragged about being able to move a TV from the main living area to the bedroom, to the outside wall.

Before our first trip, my wife solved the problem of having the ugly TV hanger wart thingy in the living space. She bought a combination cork-marker board which I mounted on some plywood and screwed the TV Vee support to. The cool part is we can move it outside and our friends come by and leave us notes.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:33 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

What a great idea! We hardly ever even turn our TV on...only if we're stuck inside due to the weather. (Our last trailer's antenna didn't pick up anything so we never got used to watching it...we like it that way!) Many of our Colorado spots are in the boonies so we are glad to just get a weak cell phone signal. (A couple have no signal and I don't like that because I'm an office manager and we support a 24/7/365 mission with the Missile Defense Agency at Schriever AFB, Colorado.)

6-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:45 AM   #3

Great idea. I'm so tired of seeing all these new RV's with big screen TV's outside. If you want to watch TV and have all the luxuries of home; STAY HOME, don't interrupt my quite enjoyment of the great outdoors.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaz3 View Post
Great idea. I'm so tired of seeing all these new RV's with big screen TV's outside. If you want to watch TV and have all the luxuries of home; STAY HOME, don't interrupt my quite enjoyment of the great outdoors.
X2
mbCik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:20 AM   #5

I will sheepishly admit I can't part with my tv...love catching the morning news. I still think this is a really creative mod though so wanted to give a big thumbs up to a great idea.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #6

Quote:
... If you want to watch TV and have all the luxuries of home; STAY HOME, don't interrupt my quite enjoyment of the great outdoors.
My wife and I were HUGE backpackers when we first met and only bought the trailer when our son was born. (He is now six years-old and we hope to take him on his first backpacking trip this fall.)

The thought of having AC, heat, a toilette, a shower, a BED, refrigerator, water you don't have to filter from some river or mud hole, etc. still bothers me. What we are doing with these trailers really isn't camping since we are bringing a portable home with us and rarely even tow them down a dirt road. Still, we do enjoy the weekends away and I must admit, the trailer has spoiled us in a big way!
Old 07-04-2015, 09:28 AM   #7
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Ya but is it not great to come back to a nice bed after a long days hike Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:29 AM   #8

Most RV MFG. allow people to order units (Stripped Down) sounds like a (FEMA) type unit would fit your needs fine? Youroo!!
Old 07-05-2015, 02:32 PM   #9

To each their own. Great mod. You do what you like and that's what is great about TT's. You can customize to what floats your boat. Me? I work part time and spend another 7 to 8 hours in the shop every day for our side business. My husband works a full time job plus the same hours I spend in our shop. We use the TT for business and pleasure. So yes, we watch the 3 televisions we have requently.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:33 AM   #10
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:

First, my camper was my mobile apartment. I'm not in it for the camping, I'm in it for the traveling.

Now, my camper IS MY home.

While I'll attempt to not intrude on your quiet enjoyment of the outdoors, remember that we are all out here for our own reasons and goals. Top that off with the fact that most RV parks and campgrounds are very close quarters with your neighbors; you're bound to have some light/sound spillage from your new best friends.

IMO, if you want absolute peace and serenity, find somewhere to boondocks far from others.

Funny enough, even with this post, I don't have a TV outside and prefer it that way. But I don't knock my neighbor if they have one and want to use it.