Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #1

Warming up my Salem floors

I am in the process of installing 2" foam insulation under my 2014 Salem 26bhxl.
As the Salem has no floor insulation I figured I would add 2" foam available for the right price (free). The underside has a Tyvek like material above the frame, below the wood floor beams. I am using spray adhesive to attach the foam to the black Tyvek like membrane, with ˝ inch plastic pipe as a “hold up device” secured with weather resistant screws. I am thinking of buying the “plastic-board” from Forest River to cover the under belly. We like to camp well out of and into the colder months and feel that this would save $ and make life more comfortable. Any thoughts on this project?
Joe diGesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1420338520.675708.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	68116

Did in my basement to the wall into the living space on 5ver. Made a lot of difference.

Going to underpin the camper tomorrow as the weather is not going to be above freezing for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #3

Not sure about the underbelly skin. Mine is plastic. Another camper with SOB camper was like a heavy duty cardboard. He put plywood and the skin back on after insulating around tanks.

If me I would have put marine grade plywood or something else.

Believe you will be happy with what you are doing. It will also help in the heat of summer too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem