Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2019, 05:37 PM   #1

WARNING...Morel Mushrooms.

I posted this earlier but the orginal post got messed up and became confusing.

NOTE !! Local country officials in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri have issued a warning to NOT EAT the Morel Mushrooms that were in or exposed to the recent floods waters in those states. Morel Mushrooms have the ability to absorb the bacterial and hazardous chemicals associated with flood waters and can NOT be washed out or soaked out of the Mushroom. The recent flood overwhelmed sewage treatment plants, sewage lines, septic systems, releasing it into the flood waters. A wide array of chemicals were also deposited in the flood waters from many homes, businesses, farms that were damaged or destroyed. Picking Morels from areas not affected by flood water is fine, but if you know or suspect the Mushrooms were in or exposed to the flood waters, refrain from eating those. Hope this helps clear up my other confusing post. Thanks !
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 04:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
I posted this earlier but the orginal post got messed up and became confusing.

NOTE !! Local country officials in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri have issued a warning to NOT EAT the Morel Mushrooms that were in or exposed to the recent floods waters in those states. Morel Mushrooms have the ability to absorb the bacterial and hazardous chemicals associated with flood waters and can NOT be washed out or soaked out of the Mushroom. The recent flood overwhelmed sewage treatment plants, sewage lines, septic systems, releasing it into the flood waters. A wide array of chemicals were also deposited in the flood waters from many homes, businesses, farms that were damaged or destroyed. Picking Morels from areas not affected by flood water is fine, but if you know or suspect the Mushrooms were in or exposed to the flood waters, refrain from eating those. Hope this helps clear up my other confusing post. Thanks !

I wonder how many seasons it will take to dilute those contaminants to the point that the USDA will consider them safe?
AFDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:32 PM   #3

That's a really good question. Was it just the water and they'll be fine next year coming out of the soil.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo