Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2019, 08:27 PM   #1

Warranty/service experience

My FR warranty expires in about two months. It’s been in and out of the shop the entire time we have had it. It currently has been in the shop for a month. There are still things they haven’t looked at but they are also telling me that everything they have submitted to Forest River for warranty has not been approved yet. What is everyone’s experience with warranty work through your dealers. Long wait for approval or am I getting the run around with my dealer?
Websterbrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:37 PM   #2

I do all the warranty repair labor myself. I find that much more palatable, and less time consuming, than taking and leaving our RV at a dealer. When there is a problem that requires parts, I email a photo and problem description to the dealer. Parts are ordered within a few days and later given to me for free. Granted, these are mostly low cost cosmetic parts, like a mud flap, missing cabinet door and hinges, badly sewn window valance, bad awning switch, etc., but apparently the Forest River approval process is very quick.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:08 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Websterbrad1 View Post
My FR warranty expires in about two months. It’s been in and out of the shop the entire time we have had it. It currently has been in the shop for a month. There are still things they haven’t looked at but they are also telling me that everything they have submitted to Forest River for warranty has not been approved yet. What is everyone’s experience with warranty work through your dealers. Long wait for approval or am I getting the run around with my dealer?
Odds are the dealer is giving you the run around.
Have you contacted FR to see if this is true? Dealers often blame the manufacturer for their own incompetence.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Dealers often blame the manufacturer for their own incompetence.
look into getting a mobile RV Tech person to do warranty work... you need pre-approval from FR, contact them directily with VIN, pictures and description, then pay for the work and get reimbursed...

do as much as you can by yourself... you will be way ahead

dealers lie all the time

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:12 PM   #5

My "opinion" on dealers is that once you buy the trailer and you're out the door they would prefer not to see you until you're out of warranty. They get more money when they bill you directly vs. what FR (or any other manufacturer) pays them for warranty work. Also, because RV parts aren't like auto parts, there isn't a bunch sitting on the shelf somewhere so when you need a part, you get in line behind the production facility needs.

Once you get beyond warranty, if you're handy, you'll save yourself a lot of frustration & dollars if you do the work yourself - and at least your rig will be in your driveway while you wait for the parts. If you aren't handy, ask around and try to find a competent independent RV repair place or person.

Just my 2¢
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, warranty