Old 09-09-2016, 02:01 PM   #1
Water filter

Hi everyone, new guy here. My wife and I bought a 2016 Rockwood 8327SS a few months ago and it has been great. My wife is a travel nurse and has been using it all summer. I went to visit her a while back and discovered the water where she is at is terrible and so she using bottled water for drinking, brushing teeth etc. I have been trying to research about whether or not our model comes with a water filter installed from the factory and if so, where would it be? Our owners manual is to generic and I've tried looking in a couple places on the trailer, but I just can't figure the answer out. Is there anyone here with the 8327SS that knows the answer and can help me, please? and yes, for now I have got her one of the inline filters that go one the water hose and it has made a big difference and this makes me think that there might not be a factory one, but trying to be sure. Thanks in advance for your time

poppadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #2
2016 Rockwood 8325SS
I can only tell you on my 8325ss it is located under bathroom sink. The sink door is screwed shut from factory, but I unscrewed it (and left it unscrewed) to get to my filter. hope this helps.

Barstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:14 PM   #3
I looked at a picture of your model online. My Flagstaff has a small door on the back like yours does. It is beside the water hook ups. Mine has the filter, winterize valves and a few other hoses in there. Do you have a small door on the back of the camper and if so have you checked in there?
bigmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 05:23 PM   #4
Barstrom, Thank you for the reply and help, but it's not under the bathroom or kitchen sinks. Under the bathroom sink there is a small panel, but it is only covering the water supply lines and the drain lines. The same for the kitchen sink. But again, thank you for trying to help.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:27 PM   #5
Bigmurph, yes we have the small door and a bigger door on the back of the unit. Inside the small door is the connection points for the city water, the winterize switch and the connection to flush the black tank, but nothing else. Inside the bigger door is the outside shower hose and faucet, but nothing else. Thank you for time and for trying to help.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:24 PM   #6
If you have one, the filter cartridge is not usually installed from the factory (ours was in a drawer along with the canister wrench - a white plastic ring with a handle and teeth on the inside of the ring). If you don't have those, chances are you don't have the housing either.

Have you found the water pump yet? The filter is usually close to the water pump because they are just after the water pump (and the city water tees into the line between them).

P.S. Even though I had one, I removed it and use a whole-house filter on the outside city water line. Lots of horror stories about canisters unscrewing themselves and flooding campers, cracking during winter, etc. They are a PITA to winterize because you have to remove the filter and it wastes a lot of antifreeze to fill it back up.
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8282WS Platinum, GY Marathon LRD, TST 507RV TPMS
2005 GMC 2500HD CCSB D/A, Curt E16, Prodigy P2, Garmin RV760LMT w/BC-20 b/u cam

DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:17 PM   #7
x2 what DaveSchwartz posted...we did the same...for the same reasons.
2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Rockwood 8289WS, Diamond Pkg.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:24 PM   #8
These external filters are the way to go:

TastePURE KDF/Carbon Water Filter - Camco 40043 - Water Filtration - Camping World

Get them at Walmart, Amazon, etc.

By using them on the water feed hose, the water going into the fresh water tank is clean and stays fresh longer. Most internal filters work after the water comes out of the tank.
2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:35 PM   #9
Water filtres

I have a Watts regulator leading into a double set of whole house filters. The hose leading into the regulator from the city water is a stainless steel braided one used on washers. The next filter is a string type for heavy stuff then a carbon for taste. All connections are quick disconnect type.
John & Carol
2014 33RKTS6 Platinum Edition
1999 F550 7,3
Cane Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:44 PM   #10
When looking over the TT before purchasing, I was shown the empty canister and the wrapped filter by the salesguy.

I was pretty ticked off that when I did the PDI the dealer had water/power already hooked up to the TT.

So how nice of them to charge the water system without the filter in place and then when I wanted to install the filter (at a campsite), I didn't feel like bleeding out the water (doing it the first time and learning on the fly) and making one heck of a mess.

I just bought that Camco blue filter in place and attach it right at the water tap.

2011 Nissan Xterra
2016 Rockwood MiniLite 2306 First ever RV.
Nurek is offline   Reply With Quote

water, water filter