Old 01-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #11
On a previous trailer we had to leave the door open so enough "oxygen" could get to the heater. As long as the door was open the heater would fire, close the door and it would shut off. Took it to our dealer and came back with same issue. Hopefully the dealer where we purchased our 25RR has better techs

Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #12
I had the same problem with our water heater. I could hear the spark sanpping, but sometimes it would make three tries and time (or lock) out. Sometimes after several tries it would ignite with a bang. The flame was fine once it ignited. I removed the burner and cleaned the gas orifice with caburetor cleaner and compressed air, but that didn't help.

I put my finger over the orifice while my dearly beloved switched it on. This prevented gas from entering the burner while I looked into it. I wore a face shield just in case! The spark was weak and not consistent. I reached in with some pliers and squeezed the two electrodes a little closer. It fires on the first try now.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:38 AM   #13
Had that same problem on a previous 5ver. I checked everything and everybody told me it was the gas valve. $70.00 was doing the same thing. I checked for 12 volys on the brown wire from the module board the the water heater.....only had about 7 volts. Was enough to make it click but enough to open the gas solenoids. Borrowed a friends board....plugged it in and the water heater fired right up. So...bought a new board and all the problems are solved except I have a brand new gas valve that I do not need!!
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #14
had the same problom with mine just put the elecrtic sparker closer to the end of the tube and it worked fine since that it would make a big bang to light it before i moved it in closer
jkklops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #15
Site Team - Lou
As almost everyone stated, check for a broken or out of adjustment electrode.
I would add that the flue could be blocked with a nest of some kind (spider or wasp) causing an over rich mixture at the burner inlet.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote