Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2016, 04:37 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,370
Weight police??

I found what looks like a heck of a deal on this...

2013 Open Road 427bhs. It is about 12k dry...14+ loaded.

My truck says this...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1461443622.872883.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	105847
It is supposed to 23k gross towing and about 6500# with me and some stuff in it...
I am wondering now if my 11500 gross was over weight.

Kinda lost. I remember the dude at the RV shop said my truck would pull anything on the lot and he had some big 5ers


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:45 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 3,307
What kind of truck? What is the payload?

This is a Ginormous fifth wheel, unless I have googled wrong. I show 17,000 lbs......triple axle, 3 a/c units, 5 slides, 42 feet long...... it'll take a truck with a massive payload to pull that thing.
__________________

__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:50 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
I found what looks like a heck of a deal on this...

2013 Open Road 427bhs. It is about 12k dry...14+ loaded.

My truck says this...
Attachment 105847
It is supposed to 23k gross towing and about 6500# with me and some stuff in it...
I am wondering now if my 11500 gross was over weight.

Kinda lost. I remember the dude at the RV shop said my truck would pull anything on the lot and he had some big 5ers


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Be interesting to see what others say..... What rear axle do you have??? My 05 5.9 Dually is rated to tow 13,900 but I do not have the 4.11 rear gear.

__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,370
My ole truck is a 2005 Ram 2500 4x4 4dr 6spd. man SB diesel.

The sad part is the cargo of...
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1461444635.314108.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	105848
To me. That is sad. Everyone knows the ole 5.9l will pull anything. Ha ha


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 3,307
That shows a Payload of 2,043 lbs. Unless I have the wrong trailer looked up, that big trailer must have pin weight around 4,000 lbs.........
__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Be interesting to see what others say..... What rear axle do you have??? My 05 5.9 Dually is rated to tow 13,900 but I do not have the 4.11 rear gear.




I have 4:10 gears also


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,535
Try here...............
Dodge Towing Guide - By Vehicle


These stats are my 2005 dodge truck :


2005 dodge ram 3500 pickup 3500 SLT, QUAD CAB, 2WD, 8.0 Ft Bed, 4-Speed Automatic Transmission, 5.9L High-Output Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine:

With 3.73 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 13850 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 11500 lbs
Payload [i] = 4513 lbs
Curb Weight [i] = 6987 lbs
Curb Weight Front/Rear = 4005 lbs/4005 lbs
GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 4750 lbs/9350 lbs
Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 21000 lbs

With 3.73 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 14200 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 9900 lbs
Payload [i] = 3250 lbs
Curb Weight [i] = 6650 lbs
Curb Weight Front/Rear = 3985 lbs/3985 lbs
GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 4750 lbs/6200 lbs
Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 21000 lbs

With 4.10 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 15850 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 11500 lbs
Payload [i] = 4513 lbs
Curb Weight [i] = 6987 lbs
Curb Weight Front/Rear = 4005 lbs/4005 lbs
GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 4750 lbs/9350 lbs
Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 23000 lbs

With 4.10 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 16200 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 9900 lbs
Payload [i] = 3250 lbs
Curb Weight [i] = 6650 lbs
Curb Weight Front/Rear = 3985 lbs/3985 lbs
GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 4750 lbs/6200 lbs
Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 23000 lbs




__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:02 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,535
Yours ??? or close ???

2005 dodge ram 3500 pickup 3500 SLT, QUAD CAB, 4WD, 6.25 Ft Bed, 6-Speed HD Manual Transmission, 5.9L High-Output Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine:

With 3.73 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 13750 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 9900 lbs
Payload [i] = 2788 lbs
Curb Weight [i] = 7112 lbs
Curb Weight Front/Rear = 4301 lbs/4301 lbs
GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 5200 lbs/6200 lbs
Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 21000 lbs

With 4.10 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 15750 lbs
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 9900 lbs
Payload [i] = 2788 lbs
Curb Weight [i] = 7112 lbs
Curb Weight Front/Rear = 4301 lbs/4301 lbs
GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 5200 lbs/6200 lbs
Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 23000 lbs


__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:05 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,370
The info I saw..according to the dealer is 11850 dry and 2600 max. I told myself I could keep it lite and my truck supposedly had 23k gross and that would allow 13k+ for the trailer plus cargo of 3500 max and 6500 truck... And I could handle it....upgrade later. Bla bla.

I am now...after looking at the sticker I better stay with a pop-up or 20ft trailer. Kinda disappointed in the ole dodge.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:09 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Try here...............

Dodge Towing Guide - By Vehicle





These stats are my 2005 dodge truck :





2005 dodge ram 3500 pickup 3500 SLT, QUAD CAB, 2WD, 8.0 Ft Bed, 4-Speed Automatic Transmission, 5.9L High-Output Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine:



With 3.73 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 13850 lbs

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 11500 lbs

Payload [i] = 4513 lbs

Curb Weight [i] = 6987 lbs

Curb Weight Front/Rear = 4005 lbs/4005 lbs

GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 4750 lbs/9350 lbs

Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 21000 lbs



With 3.73 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 14200 lbs

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 9900 lbs

Payload [i] = 3250 lbs

Curb Weight [i] = 6650 lbs

Curb Weight Front/Rear = 3985 lbs/3985 lbs

GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 4750 lbs/6200 lbs

Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 21000 lbs



With 4.10 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 15850 lbs

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 11500 lbs

Payload [i] = 4513 lbs

Curb Weight [i] = 6987 lbs

Curb Weight Front/Rear = 4005 lbs/4005 lbs

GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 4750 lbs/9350 lbs

Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 23000 lbs



With 4.10 Axle Ratio Axle Ratio [i] You Can Tow 16200 lbs

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) [i] = 9900 lbs

Payload [i] = 3250 lbs

Curb Weight [i] = 6650 lbs

Curb Weight Front/Rear = 3985 lbs/3985 lbs

GAWR Front/Rear [i] = 4750 lbs/6200 lbs

Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) [i] = 23000 lbs










I wasn't smart enough to see how, but my truck is a 2500


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weight

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.