Old 12-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #21
Retired Electronic Tech

Sometimes a person cannot take the unit back to the dealer where it was purchased. We bought our FR Flagstaff when we were home in Iowa. After heading to AZ for the winter, we drove through a driving rain storm and had a rain leak in the rear of the coach. Needless to say, driving back to Iowa for repairs was out of the question.

We were told to take the unit to Camping World on the West side of Phoenix. After checking their reviews and finding the only good Yelp review was from the Service Manager, we decided we would do our own looking.

After hitting the phone book, we discovered a local dealer that sold FR Motorhomes and decided to give them a try. On a Friday afternoon we drove down to "Robert Crist RV" in Mesa and talked to the Service Dept. They said they were terribly busy; but if we could wait to have some other minor issues repaired, they’d like to get us in first thing Monday morning and get the leak fixed before it did any damage. Image our surprise … some ‘home’ dealers don’t give that kind of service.

Maybe we lucked out this time; but we believe it’s worth mentioning a good experience when 'the sea seems full of bad ones'!

1995 Cobra Monterey MH; 2000 Monaco-HR MH;
2006 Montana Mountaineer FW;
2016 Flagstaff Micro Lite TT w/2010 Chevy 1500
retiredtechnician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #22

In an attempt to avoid entering an alternative universe, I'll respond to TURB's post point by point. Then, I resign from the position of the official FROG whiner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Any warranty work I have had done on three seperate forest river units has been handled promptly and to my satisfaction @ my local dealer from which I purchased all three units from.

You must have an angel in FR heaven looking out for you. Unfortunately, many others don't. The system is rigged against them.

I have been befriended by my contacts @ forest river through phone calls, emails, this forum and by person to person meetings which have all helped resolve any issues I've ever had.

Sounds complicated and time consuming. Are you willing to share your extensive list of contacts with the poor newbie who just found out that he has to travel hundreds of miles to have his RV repaired?

I've had work done @ the goshen rally several times and met wonderful people that readily hand out contact info and was told to call if I needed help.

It's good to make social connections anywhere you can. However, most FR owners simply want their RV fixed quickly and without hassle. That doesn't happen more often then it should.

Loudly bitching and threatening lawsuits rarely helps.

Wha?? I didn't do any of that.

There's a fairly large forest river employee presence on this forum, some make it known some remain in the shadows.

Come out of the shadows, FR employees, and acknowledge who you are. It's called full disclosure.

Every forest river representative I've came in contact with has made me feel good about my continued "vigilant defense" for forest river.

What a surprise. The employees are protecting the company.

We've seen or heard many times that dealers blame forest river for wrong parts or no contact , which is funny because I can order obsolete brackets for my unit and have them in three days.

Maybe that's because you're a well known FR insider.

I think establishing contacts with your brand helps tremendously!

Most of us simply want an RV that is reliable, and a company that stands behind it's product. We already have enough friends. This is a business relationship.

I just had a contact @ columbus call me to see how I was getting along with my new unit which doesn't surprise me since I've started a good relationship with many people there already.

See above.

"You can catch more flys with honey then vinegar"
True! (sic)

Old 12-01-2015, 09:40 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrapp View Post
In an attempt to avoid entering an alternative universe, I'll respond to TURB's post point by point. Then, I resign from the position of the official FROG whiner.

True! (sic)
Every forest river manufacturer website has contact info for
Service.
Parts.
Warranty.
And sales.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1449023796860.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	95380
This forum is 100% not affiliated with forest river.
If employees of forest river participate or not is their choice.

Time consuming? Maybe diligent .......

Old 12-01-2015, 09:53 PM   #24
2012 Solera

Bought local, paid asking price, chose the "good" local dealer. Found service unresponsive and less than competent. I found a local RV service center - they were both responsive and competent. Sent bills to FR and was reimbursed. Obviously, in my case, NOT because I bought "from dealer XXX because they saved me $1500 or $3000. Now the trailer has issues and I go to the local dealer expecting them to fix my good deal cause the selling dealer is 12 hr drive away".
I believe most dealers treat service as an expense to be minimized, and see their business as selling RVs. For independent RV repair shops, on the other hand, service IS their only business.
As I've previously posted, I suspect there are good and responsive dealer service departments - but not in my experience (or in that of many others on this forum).
I'm with Jeffrapp - go to an independent (preferably with FR pre-authorization) and send the bill to FR. For me, a MUCH better experience. I would choose this route even if not reimbursed. Competence and responsiveness is worth a lot!
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrapp View Post

True! (sic)
jeffrapp, Very harsh attack on a member that you have decided is a an FR symbol. Attack the company with your issues, not the members.

TURBS, Must be your turn to wear the target on the back.

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along".

Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Lol its an epidemic!
Old 12-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #27

Quote:
Lol its an epidemic!
An epidemic of what? Perhaps distressed customers who feel neglected and abused, with an owner's forum dominated by company apologists and or/employees. What a concept!
Old 12-01-2015, 10:53 PM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I think I've been baited twice in two days
Old 12-01-2015, 10:57 PM   #29

Quote:
I think I've been baited twice in two days
I prefer my bait in something close to 6' and buxom.
Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Public forum, I'm not sure where anybody feels that there should never be a devils advocate. .

You have your story, I have mine

I prefer mine 5' 8 " and answers to ms amy

Tags
warranty